Watch Dogs and The Boston Bombing.

• 54 results
#51 Edited by fetchfox (1228 posts) -

It's not due tomorrow, so no. If it is when November comes that would be really fucking stupid...

#52 Posted by Brodehouse (9649 posts) -

This is what I say in almost every topic where someone suggests that viewing something results in aberrant behavior; Life does not imitate art, art imitates life. Seeing an exposed ankle does not turn people into rapists, seeing an explosion does not turn people into terrorists. The one thing that remains constant even as we leave supernatural dogma and superstition behind is our steadfast refusal to believe that adults are responsible for their own actions. Whereas before we blamed 'the Devil' for all of the crimes of humanity, now we blame 'society' or 'the media'. And we propose that feelings are more important than free expression.

I'm beginning to notice that the most bleak period in modern American history also happened to correspond to its most honest, realistic and artistically forward period. Before we had to bubble wrap the entire world in fear that someone might scrape a knee.

#53 Edited by phatcat (149 posts) -

@geirr said:

ಠ_ಠ

quiet you! :3

This is what I say in almost every topic where someone suggests that viewing something results in aberrant behavior; Life does not imitate art, art imitates life.

Exactly :3

Experiences both good and bad add the the tapestry of life. Movies like the Borne Identity and Saving Private Ryan imitate life, and that experience of people thrust into those experiences is engaging! And I hope our instincts to protect don't get in the way of making entertainment that is mostly harmless.

#54 Edited by BBAlpert (1387 posts) -

Didn't Konami change (or at least cut out a chunk from) the ending of Metal Gear Solid 2 because of concerns over imagery of buildings getting destroyed in NYC reminding people of 9/11? I seem to remember hearing that as an explanation for a sudden, unexplained location change from one scene to the next.

#55 Edited by phatcat (149 posts) -

Ending was going to show the fed building going down. Instead they just do a jump cut of you in the rubble. Also they removed the twin towers.

#57 Edited by erikalui (21 posts) -

Games are often targeted and linked to similar crime cases but I guess Ubisoft know how to deal with such controversies and there should be no delay in the launch of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.