Watch Dogs coming out this holiday

#1 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -
#2 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Won't be buying it if it's not coming out on the PC. Why make a super nice looking game and hamstring it on ancient hardware?

#3 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@binman88: I wouldn't call the PS4 old, if that truly is the thing revealed on the 20th which seems likely.

#4 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

All home consoles? Next gen launch title, I'm calling it. Theres no way what they showed off at E3 last year was current gen, I'm guessing another gameplay demo at the PS4 reveal event.

Look at the quote on the box "NEXT GEN ADVENTURE"

#5 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

@funkydupe: My bad, I thought the speculative release date for both consoles was looking like early 14.

#6 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: Yes, it could be that you're right about that. If the event has both Watch Dogs, Destiny and an extra reveal of Little Big Planet 3 then that's a very solid announcement line-up. So much speculation right now though, but of course they will have games there in order to show off their system so -something- will be played or at least shown as recorded gameplay.

As for the "Next Gen Adventure"; isn't that what pretty much every box/cover says about anything, always? :D

#7 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@bourbon_warrior: Yes, it could be that you're right about that. If the event has both Watch Dogs, Destiny and an extra reveal of Little Big Planet 3 then that's a very solid announcement line-up. So much speculation right now though, but of course they will have games there in order to show off their system so -something- will be played or at least shown as recorded gameplay.

As for the "Next Gen Adventure"; isn't that what pretty much every box/cover says about anything, always? :D

Only games that came out of the start of this generation unless you can prove me wrong.

#8 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -
#9 Posted by TheHT (11089 posts) -

What's more; The PC isn't mentioned anywhere it seems.

>:(

#10 Edited by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

@theht: I do feel a hint of marketing strategy in play here. We know both Sony and Microsoft are going to push their new consoles out fairly soon. Sony in two days if we're not mistaken. Look at the coverage of Destiny for example: Nothing on PC. The focus here is clearly on consoles because of the upcoming news. Watch Dogs might have stronger ties to Sony. Destiny might have stronger ties to Microsoft because of the Bungie/Halo history. They clearly want these titles to be console sellers, they want to get some hardware out of the doors. We can cling to hope that PC will still be included. I feel that if the Always Online (MMORPG way) of handling DRM is becoming the new industry standard DRM, then PC won't be any different with regards to piracy and it will be included back in for most titles I think. But like I said, now with the new consoles coming, the focus is on getting us all to think about consoles only.

#11 Posted by erikalui (21 posts) -

I would definitely try it out even if I need to get a new device for it. It’s really worth it and the videos are fun to watch. Ubisoft is really working hard to get something worth to play for all the gamers and so it will be available on other devices too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.