Watch_Dogs interview.

#1 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Color me excited.

Some interesting quotes from the interview.

On scripting-

There are many questions about the systemic or scripted nature of the game. Many people have doubts that we’ve scripted everything we shown. This is truly a systemic game – A good example is our E3 2012 demo with the car accident done by hacking the traffic lights, it depends on the amount of vehicles present at the intersection when it is triggered.

PS4 vs X1

The Xbox One is a powerful platform, as of now we do not foresee a major difference in on screen result between the PS4 and the Xbox One. Obviously since we are still working on pushing the game on these new consoles, we are still doing R&D. This said, the platforms have some specificities that we are leveraging. For example, we are making use of the touchpad on the DualShock4.

On Aiden-

Failure is inexcusable for Pearce and he will do everything in his power to rectify that. He takes it on himself to protect his family by any means necessary. He’ll take bold steps to ensure those closest to him are protected in the future. Pearce made some bad choices in the past and he’s paid for those choices…and so has his family. They’ve suffered because of his mistakes.

That one has me excited. The last guy I can recall who was like that was John Marston and we all know how well his story ended.

Can not wait for this game to come out.

#2 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

I'm really curious how this game will run/look on current gen. It will be fun seeing lens of truth or something compare next gen consoles with current gen as well as maxed out PC....even though in the end it's not a huge deal.

#3 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It looks like the X1 version will have a more dynamic world when compared to the other versions of the game. I wonder what that even means.

Edit found more info! DYNAMIC WAVES FROM BOATS!

#4 Edited by falserelic (5437 posts) -

The is game looking good, real good. Can't wait to try it and roll up on someone with that mask, and look smooth doing it..

#5 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1586 posts) -

I want two copies of this game. One to play, AND ONE TO PUT INSIDE ME.

#6 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

It looks like the X1 version will have a more dynamic world when compared to the other versions of the game. I wonder what that even means.

Edit found more info! DYNAMIC WAVES FROM BOATS!

When they talk about more dynamic, they're referencing the XBO/PS4 vs PS3/360, not that the XBO will be more dynamic than the PS4.

#7 Posted by Silver-Streak (1358 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: The dynamic world thing was a misquote. Everything I've read states he was talking about the next gen vs current gen.

That being said, your quotes and mentioning of John Marston has me HEAVILY EXCITED. I loved his character so much. It's so rare to see characters in games that are shades of grey that still have a strong moral compass. Lawful neutral is nearly unheard of in video game protagonists, and Marston was the best example ever.

...Now I want to play RDR again.

#8 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@eujin said:

@the_laughing_man: The dynamic world thing was a misquote. Everything I've read states he was talking about the next gen vs current gen.

That being said, your quotes and mentioning of John Marston has me HEAVILY EXCITED. I loved his character so much. It's so rare to see characters in games that are shades of grey that still have a strong moral compass. Lawful neutral is nearly unheard of in video game protagonists, and Marston was the best example ever.

...Now I want to play RDR again.

I just wanna beat wrong doers with a fucking night stick.

Also where is the misquote?

#9 Edited by Silver-Streak (1358 posts) -

@the_laughing_man: From what I understand, everything spawned from this interview: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1987185/nextgen_it_will_take_a_while_to_use_full_power_of_those_machines_says_watch_dog_producer.html

A bunch of people quoted this line: "It’s what I call dynamism; basically, the way the city reacts to you, we are able to push further on the Xbox One."

But took it out of context because the entire paragraph was for this this: "He also spoke about some of the advantages next-gen power affords Watch Dogs." The entire paragraph goes on to speak about how they're getting more power for Next -Gen compared to current gen. While it is poorly worded to have said a specific console rather than next-gen again, he's not saying it's because of something special on the XBO, it's because the Next Gen version has it where the current gen does not.

The same developer also reconfirmed he was speaking on next-gen not XBO specific on twitter, but I can no longer find the tweet, because I suck at twitter. Because of this, feel free to disregard this line as I cannot source it. :(

Edit: This also reiterates that the dynamism is a next gen thing, not just an XBO thing. http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-disrupt-engine-multiplayer/

Double Edit: I didn't mean this to turn into an explanatory post, and probably should have just PM'ed The_Laughing_Man. So Regardless of anyone's take on whatever console, Watch_Dogs sounds awesome

(Also I'd really like a PC version of RDR. Please.)

#10 Posted by erikalui (21 posts) -

I have been playing watchdogs on my PC. I love playing this game and enjoy it. I want to try out playing this game on an Xbox as well. When will this game be out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.