Watch Dogs Recommended Specs - Is My PC Good Enough?

#1 Posted by MormonWarrior (2544 posts) -

So I'll be building a good gaming PC soon, and I just came across announcements about the recommended specs for Watch Dogs on the Steam page:

• OS: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8 (Please note that we only support 64 bit OSs.)
  • Processor: Eight core - Intel Core i7-3770 @3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 X8 @ 4 GHz
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM - Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 ti or AMD Radeon HD 7850

Surely they mean an i7 Quad-Core right? I was planning on getting the i5-4670K Haswell and a GTX770...but now I'm really not sure what they're saying about CPU requirements. Can anybody fill me in on whether my CPU will be good enough? Also, I'd like to stream games at some point over Twitch so that's a factor. Any reason to pay the extra and upgrade to an i7-4770K?

#2 Edited by teaoverlord (174 posts) -

I think they mean mean a CPU that can handle eight threads, like an i7 with hyperthreading or an eight-core AMD.

Although the specs they released seem really high so it's probably best to just wait until the game comes out and see what can run it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.