Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Watch Dogs

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released May 27, 2014

A third-person open-world game from Ubisoft, set in an alternate version of Chicago where the entire city is connected under a single network, and a vigilante named Aiden Pearce uses it to fight back against a conspiracy.

What's your reaction to the fact this game is coming out tomorrow?

• 65 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By NTM

Poll What's your reaction to the fact this game is coming out tomorrow? (212 votes)

Yes. Yes! YES! I'm so excited! :D I can't contain it. I'm definitely getting it tomorrow and can't wait. 8%
    Yeah, that game is coming out. I'll probably get it tomorrow. Awesome :) (not the excitement of the person above though.) 15%
    Oh yeah... That game. Hm. Yeahhhh. I don't know. Not so much excitement, but still, I'll probably get it (if not tomorrow, some other time). 25%
    I'm super excited for it, but I probably won't get it tomorrow. 5%
    Not interested in the game, so meh. 24%
    Wait, it comes out tomorrow? 6%
    I already have the game. 6%
    Oops, I'm late to this. I have it and it's awesome! 0%
    Oops, I'm late to this. I have it, and it's not very good... 1%
    I'm late to this, but oh well. I don't really care for this game and probably won't play it, but I'm here anyways. 4%
    I had the game but sold it already. 1%
    Other 4%

Or in other words, how excited for this game are you? My feeling on it is that I'll probably get it, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps not. I'm not that excited for it, but I hope it's good, and I do kind of want it. This game in particular really does depend on how it's scored, because if it's scored well enough it'll entice me to go get it, but if it's just average, I may not care enough, because I'm not excited enough to simply get it on my own choosing. I do want more games on new-gen consoles though. I hope there's parity between the One and PS4 version, though I have the feeling the PS4 version will again be slightly better, which is unfortunate since I want more games on the One, and I have more than twice the amount on PS4.

• 
    HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I decided to "pick it up" which is to say download it on my PS3. With the download speed of the PSN I should be finished with the game sometime within the next few years.

It's been a while since a new game excited me this year, and I've played enough Mario Karts to finally stop buying them so I hope it turns out well.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I actually feel like I have a reason to buy a PS4/XBONE now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Seeing as I haven't even finished Transistor yet or well played anything other than FFXIV in months it would be dumb for me to buy this also I don't have much interest in it so... meh.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Don't care. Mario Kart is pretty much all my hype right now.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

It's already the 27th here. Bought the Xbox One version a couple of hours ago relatively cheap for a new game here in Aus. Just stuck at work until friggen 8pm so I'll barely play any if at all today. Wasn't super psyched for it but it's a big AAA game that looks entertaining and will fill the time.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By NTM

If nothing else, anyone excited for the quick look in about an hour now?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Milkman

@thunderslash said:

"Whoooo The Wolf Among Us Episode 4!" is probably my reaction. I'll probably grab this at a discount though. Too many open world games that I haven't played yet.

Oh shit, that's out tomorrow? Well then, "Whoooo The Wolf Among Us Episode 4!" is my reaction too.

Don't really care about Watch Dogs until someone tells me that I should. By the way, video game publishers, embargoes after the release on the east coast? Pretty lame.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

At this point? Ambivalence, if not outright apathy. It looks like what is otherwise a pretty standard Ubisoft open world game but with that hacking mechanic.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I'm not really as turned on by graphical showcases these days (at least, I never buy a game for the graphics) and I've been super skeptical on the gameplay potential, so a super meh until that review embargo lifts.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to see a professional review first before deciding to get this game just to see what the critics think about this game. It seems among the general population that some people are saying "meh... the graphics aren't as good and that the gameplay is boring" or that "It's lived up to the hype! Get it now!". So I'm not really sure what to think... I really wanted a new PS4 game since I just got the console and the next big release isn't until September.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for people to shut up about it. Everyone seems to have a raging hard on for this game to fail critically. Can't wait for people claiming all the negative reviews to be the truth and all the positive reviews to be paid shills.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

It's a video game.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Surprise Announcement: Excited, I thought it looked interesting at the time and it was a new IP.

Mid-2013: My opinion had mellowed out a good bit since. I began to think that it looked similar to Assassin's Creed in a modern setting with a new hacking mechanic. It would be a nice game to have on my PS4 at launch.

After News of Delay: I just didn't care that much anymore. I think the main thing was the comparison to AC I had made earlier in the year that really started to sour my opinion on whether I would like the game or not. May pick it up later at a discount, but I'm not in any hurry to go out and play the game anytime soon.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What a weird poll this is.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: I tried to cover everything, and not just give it a yes/no option, with a bit of personality since that's how people react.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I didn't pick this up today. Not interested enough I guess, and it doesn't really seem like others are either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.