Watchmen Arriving Also As Movie/PS3 Game Combo

#1 Posted by LiquidPrince (15917 posts) -

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has announced that its upcoming PS3 game 'Watchmen: The End is Nigh', based on the 'Watchmen' film, will be released in July 2009 in a game/film hybrid that will include the 'Watchmen: Director's Cut' BD. This two-disc collectible set will feature exclusive artwork in a premium package.

The game will also be released in the more traditional retail and downloadable formats.

'Watchmen: The End is Nigh' is a hardcore mature action brawler featuring bloody visceral combat in settings which are reminiscent of the film. It is divided in two parts. Part 1 (released in March 2009 on the PlayStation Network) takes place more than a decade before the film's main story, delving into the partnership of urban vigilantes Rorschach and Nite Owl before the hero-banning Keene Act. In Part 2, the duo team up again as Rorschach contacts Nite Owl to help solve the case of a missing girl, Violet Greene.

SOURCE

#2 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Man... Watchmen's source material just doesn't stand up well as a game. I feel like this will just be a generic brawler with Watchmen characters tacked on for selling potential and will retain none of the comic's original flair.

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15917 posts) -
End_Boss said:
Man... Watchmen's source material just doesn't stand up well as a game. I feel like this will just be a ... [more]
Yeah, the End is Nigh wasn't that great. I just thought the idea behind what they're doing is interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.