Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Waveform

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

Ride a wave of light in this action/puzzle release from Eden Industries.

A Little Bit Of: Waveform

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By lim_ak

Waves and wobbling.

I will preface this by saying that I suck at playing this game. And the fact that it at least partly seems setup to be a leaderboard game makes it all the worse for me. But I think that this is a fun game despite my terribleness. It has some lovely music that is supposedly dynamic to some extent, but I haven't really played enough of the game to get a real good feel for that yet and it's good, it fits with the style of the game regardless.

Manipulating the wave is interesting, you just hold down the left mouse and then drag horizontally and vertically to adjust the frequency and amplitude of the wave. And you're trying to line that path up and to score as many points as you can. The main story levels all have 100% completion paths to them but at some points in playing it I do get totally and utterly lost and kind of have no real way of getting a particular group because I have messed up so badly. That's probably one of the more frustrating things that I've had to deal with while playing it, but the act of manipulating the wave feels good and probably more importantly pretty intuitive.

It's a game that I like but am probably not really good enough and won't be able to put the time into getting good enough at the game to continue with it. But I do like it quite a lot for what it does.

lim_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lim_ak

Waves and wobbling.

I will preface this by saying that I suck at playing this game. And the fact that it at least partly seems setup to be a leaderboard game makes it all the worse for me. But I think that this is a fun game despite my terribleness. It has some lovely music that is supposedly dynamic to some extent, but I haven't really played enough of the game to get a real good feel for that yet and it's good, it fits with the style of the game regardless.

Manipulating the wave is interesting, you just hold down the left mouse and then drag horizontally and vertically to adjust the frequency and amplitude of the wave. And you're trying to line that path up and to score as many points as you can. The main story levels all have 100% completion paths to them but at some points in playing it I do get totally and utterly lost and kind of have no real way of getting a particular group because I have messed up so badly. That's probably one of the more frustrating things that I've had to deal with while playing it, but the act of manipulating the wave feels good and probably more importantly pretty intuitive.

It's a game that I like but am probably not really good enough and won't be able to put the time into getting good enough at the game to continue with it. But I do like it quite a lot for what it does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.