Layoffs Confirmed at Warner Bros.' Seattle Studios

  • 80 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by NTM (7374 posts) -

NOOOO SEATTLE!!!!!

#52 Posted by BulimicBalzac (93 posts) -

@RainbowCarnage: Blossom the hellflower it is a flower in which resides the pollen of pain and suffering. Which contains the nectar of regret, sorrow, and hate.

To the victor goes the spoils and in this case the spoils is a half-known assortment of rough, and rusty torture tools. These spoils go to the winner you... A winrar is you! CONGRATS.

P.S. Batman more like our stocks went... FLAT, MAN!!!!

P.P.S I'm so sorry

#53 Posted by AssInAss (2644 posts) -

Well I guess that dashes any hopes for NOLF 3 ever happening.

#54 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4973 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart said:

Slow news day, but Patrick's gonna meet that quota somehow.

No? Having an article stating that there are layoffs in the video game industry is pretty substantial.
#55 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Slow news day, but Patrick's gonna meet that quota somehow.

No? Having an article stating that there are layoffs in the video game industry is pretty substantial.

I must have missed the part where this was different from any other week? What about the studios that were hiring this week, maybe that should get it's own story too...

#56 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Slow news day, but Patrick's gonna meet that quota somehow.

No? Having an article stating that there are layoffs in the video game industry is pretty substantial.

I must have missed the part where this was different from any other week? What about the studios that were hiring this week, maybe that should get it's own story too...

Do you do anything but bitch about this site? Why the fuck are you even here?

#57 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart
Idiot
#58 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Nooooooooooooo, not my Monolith!

#59 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@yoshimitz707 said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Slow news day, but Patrick's gonna meet that quota somehow.

No? Having an article stating that there are layoffs in the video game industry is pretty substantial.

I must have missed the part where this was different from any other week? What about the studios that were hiring this week, maybe that should get it's own story too...

Do you do anything but bitch about this site? Why the fuck are you even here?

Everything but the pompous article writers and "defence-squad" community members (apparently) :D

#60 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3865 posts) -
@sofacitysweetheart In all fairness you do bitch a lot. Pretty sure you've used the 'slow news week' thing more then once. And also this is news.
This really sucks :( I was hoping Monolith was working on Condemned 3. Hope those guys land on their feet.
#61 Posted by light_grenade (124 posts) -

@casperhertzog said:

1. take studio who have succeeded in the past on their own projects

2. force them to make something out of some bullshit IP you own

3. if it fails proceed to step 4. if it hits run the ip into the ground and then proceed to step 4

4. destroy studio

Profit?

#62 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@mrpandaman said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

@Guyzea said:

@BeachThunder said:

@42manZ said:

@patrickklepek said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

d

e

f

g

h

LMNOP

qrs

I . . I don't know the alphabet.

1

#63 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3307 posts) -

Ah, summer. Layoffs and lulls.

#64 Posted by Lurkero (399 posts) -

I guess this is a sign that if you are working at a game development studio you better keep your resume and portfolio updated so you can send it out ASAP.

#65 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

This thread is Giantbomb forum history in the making. Imma just bookmark this so I can bump it 4 years later.

#66 Posted by captainanderson (258 posts) -

Shitty. Game developers in the Northwest seem to be dwindling. I feel sorry for any DigiPen graduates.

#67 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

NO! NOT MONOLITH AND SNOWBLIND!

#68 Edited by Wes899 (2113 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

@sofacitysweetheart said:

Slow news day, but Patrick's gonna meet that quota somehow.

No? Having an article stating that there are layoffs in the video game industry is pretty substantial.

I must have missed the part where this was different from any other week? What about the studios that were hiring this week, maybe that should get it's own story too...

Do you do anything but bitch about this site? Why the fuck are you even here?

Everything but the pompous article writers and "defence-squad" community members (apparently) :D

In what way is Patrick pompous? And because people aren't jaded and bitchy like you they are on a defense squad?

#69 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Well, that's shit :(

#70 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

I want another Condemned game.

#71 Posted by StriderNo9 (1090 posts) -

Staff reduction, nice way to dehumanize what happened.

#72 Posted by fisk0 (4097 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

NO! NOT MONOLITH AND SNOWBLIND!

My thoughts too. Two of the best developers of the late 90's/early 2000's.

#73 Posted by LiquidPrince (15942 posts) -

I half expected it to be Warner Vancouver.

#74 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

FUCK. Not Monolith :(

#75 Posted by dcsears (12 posts) -

I loved Monolith's Gotham City Impostors (it's like Call of Duty, but fun!). I'm really hoping they weren't hit hard by these layoffs. As someone who has been getting into MOBA-ish like games lately (Monday Night Combat and Awesomenauts), I'm really interested in what Monolith is doing for the console friendly Lord of the Rings MOBA.

#76 Posted by MeesterO (26 posts) -

No offense to Monolith, but the way they' ve handled Gotham City Impostors post release, I'm not surprised the staff got trimmed

#77 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Looks like they could of killed Surreal a long time ago.

#78 Posted by Tricky69 (299 posts) -

@RainbowCarnage said:

@Guyzea said:

@BeachThunder said:

@42manZ said:

@patrickklepek said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

d

e

f

g

h

LMNOP

What the hell happened to I, J and K ? Seems the alphabet isn't safe from layoffs either...

#79 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -

@Tricky69 said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

@Guyzea said:

@BeachThunder said:

@42manZ said:

@patrickklepek said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

d

e

f

g

h

LMNOP

What the hell happened to I, J and K ? Seems the alphabet isn't safe from layoffs either...

What? How could they fire K? He's like the funniest person on staff.

#80 Posted by Tricky69 (299 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

@Tricky69 said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

@Guyzea said:

@BeachThunder said:

@42manZ said:

@patrickklepek said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

d

e

f

g

h

LMNOP

What the hell happened to I, J and K ? Seems the alphabet isn't safe from layoffs either...

What? How could they fire K? He's like the funniest person on staff.

I know, I'm still laughing from that crazy shit he pulled at the Christmas party last year. He was the best. Glad that I is going though, what a fucking dick he was.

#81 Posted by ProfessorEss (7361 posts) -

@Tricky69 said:

@ProfessorEss said:

@Tricky69 said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

@Guyzea said:

@BeachThunder said:

@42manZ said:

@patrickklepek said:

@RainbowCarnage said:

d

e

f

g

h

LMNOP

What the hell happened to I, J and K ? Seems the alphabet isn't safe from layoffs either...

What? How could they fire K? He's like the funniest person on staff.

I know, I'm still laughing from that crazy shit he pulled at the Christmas party last year. He was the best. Glad that I is going though, what a fucking dick he was.

Yup. Everything is me, me, me with that one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.