Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Weapon Shop de Omasse

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The last remaining Guild 01 game to be localized. It follows a weapon shop run by a father-and-son team.

So is it any good? And is it Recettear gone mobile?

mden2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

From what the description and the publicity makes it seem, this looks a lot like a version of Recettear or Dungeon Village, but a bit fancier and on mobile. That's not a bad thing, mind-- I loved both of those games. Has anyone taken the plunge on this, and is it worth the time?

Avatar image for finnianwhitefir
    FinnianWhitefir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Would also love to hear that. It reminds me way too much of this: http://armorgames.com/play/14015/jacksmith which was interesting but it got really boring just making weapons over and over again.

mden2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mden2013

@finnianwhitefir: maybe we'll get lucky and get a quick look! ... Probably not, but we can hope, right?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

While the core concept of running a weapon shop and poking fun at JRPG tropes is similar to Recettear, the gameplay is entirely different.

There are essentially two components to playing this game - building weapons through a short rhythm-based mini-game and then trying to make sure you rent the correct weapon to each hero to maximize their chances of success (or refusing to rent a weapon if you think they'll fail and lose the weapon). Everything also runs in real-time, so there's a little bit of time-management involved to making sure you have weapons ready for heroes to rent and also on the larger scale making sure that you're leveling up your shop so that you'll be ready to make top-tier weapons by the time the Evil Lord arrives.

I've spent a decent amount of time with the game since I picked it up on the day it released here in the US, and I'll say that I have mostly enjoyed it. The weapon making definitely becomes tedious as it's just the same mini-game over and over again, but the solid writing and fast pace can definitely keep you engaged.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

I've only seen a few reviews, so take this with a grain of salt, but I've read that the gameplay is kind of busted (according to one review, you're not penalized for missing notes, so you can just wait until the heat drops to whatever temperature gives the biggest bonus and then rack up a huge combo). I've also seen some mixed reviews about the humor, in that some of the reviewers found some of the writing amusing, but all of them felt that at least some chunk of the humor relied on old, forced RPG tropes and "zaniness" to get its laughs.

I haven't played the game myself, so again, I'd take those previous complaints with a grain of salt. But it doesn't seem to be burning up the charts, either, unfortunately.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.