The best ever rain?!

• 62 results
#51 Posted by JJWeatherman (14801 posts) -

I forgot about PGR, that game had awesome weather, even snow! 

Gears though is pretty good in terms of just rain.

#52 Posted by swamplord666 (1816 posts) -

red dead redemption definitely! when you point your camera up, the droplets fall on your lens!

#53 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:
" red dead redemption definitely! when you point your camera up, the droplets fall on your lens! "
It was real enough to scare my dog who is petrified of thunder. My mother also was wondering why she heard thunder. 
#54 Posted by Grilledcheez (4008 posts) -

Oblivion and PGR4 for me

#55 Posted by swamplord666 (1816 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @swamplord666 said:
" red dead redemption definitely! when you point your camera up, the droplets fall on your lens! "
It was real enough to scare my dog who is petrified of thunder. My mother also was wondering why she heard thunder.  "
Also the thunder lighting up the clouds... amazing!  
But I must say, the footage of STALKER:CoP looks stunning and eerie!
#56 Posted by SourMillennia (63 posts) -

I personally think the rain from Act 3 of the first Gears of War sets a great, foreboding mood overall. I agree with the Morrowind and Oblivion comments above, and heartily second PGR 4 as a great example of beautiful, elegant weather effects, it is very nicely done.

Good question by the way.

#57 Edited by Diamond (8678 posts) -

Just had a great rain experience in RDR the other night.  Rainy, Thieves' Landing, in the bought house, great sound effect...

PGR4 has the best rain visual effects probably...  Actually no.  Heavy Rain...

#58 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @swamplord666 said:
It was real enough to scare my dog who is petrified of thunder. My mother also was wondering why she heard thunder.  "
Also the thunder lighting up the clouds... amazing!  But I must say, the footage of STALKER:CoP looks stunning and eerie! "
Sadly Stalker now looks dated. I admit it was amazing a few years ago. But it did not age pretty. 
#59 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1654 posts) -

I'd say Clear Sky AND Call Of Pripyat. People have seem to forget the water/rain FX in Clear Sky is also in CoP, and it is looking gooooood.

#60 Posted by jaymorgoth (267 posts) -

It may sound kinda lame but i also remember the rain being really good in RE:4.  That scene where you wake up and it's raining, then you walk forward and the parasite comes out of the Genado. Definitely felt a real chill and was constantly looking around to make sure i wouldn't be flanked by Genandos i couldn't see.

#61 Posted by Kiemoe (1091 posts) -

Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the rain in Left 4 Dead 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Heavy Rain. All of them felt very atmospheric and heavy to me (Who'd have thought Heavy Rain would have good rain effects that felt heavy?)

#62 Posted by Binman88 (3707 posts) -

Heavy Rain, and Stalker Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.