Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WET

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

An homage to obscene grindhouse-style movies, WET is a third-person action/shooter soaked in blood and violence. Featuring the voice acting talent of Eliza Dushku & Alan Cumming.

WET

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

Ruby can kick your ass.
    Ruby can kick your ass.
    I literally had no idea what WET was when I downloaded the demo. Well I mean I knew it was a game just not what it was about. I downloaded the demo off of PSN today and I got to play the amazingly short demo.

From what I did get from the demo was you play as Ruby, who can indeed handle a gun. The demo doesn't say much about what the story is only that there was some backstabbing in a deal which involves a man getting shot in the head.  I personally didn't care for the demo, it ends randomly and doesn't do a very good job at telling you what WET is about or who the characters are. Now I know it's a demo so it really shouldn't matter. 

Though despite my disliking on how Bethesda and devs Artificial Mind & Movement put together the demo there are some really high points of it that I liked. The game looks great, environments look great and so do the character models. The demo does a great job
    I really like the box art for some reason.
    introducing you to the controls, which are damn cool. You hit X to jump and when you do it goes into a slow mo and you can shoot at enemies until you hit the ground. You can also hit O to slide and take down enemies that way, or you could go with my personal favorite and hit the Square button to murder people with your sword. You can also do wall runs with L1 and shoot people while doing a back flip. Ruby holds two guns, so you can take down two enemies at a time. How that works is that one of her guns locks onto the closest enemy, and with your other you can shoot at any others around it using the left stick to aim. This all works and looks great, blood just flies.

The demo shows what I assume is a power up type of deal. It's a cut scene and Ruby shoots a guy in the face, she gets mad and everything turns red, kinda like Killer 7. You can still be hurt here but Ruby has a bigger life bar and can wail on people. It's very cool. The game ends on a odd car level where you are riding on cars while shooting. It works OK, aiming seemed weird on it. 

I really liked WET even though it was a demo. I know it's probably not best to judge a game off it's demo but I just might get it on September 15th. I was blown away.
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

Ruby can kick your ass.
    Ruby can kick your ass.
    I literally had no idea what WET was when I downloaded the demo. Well I mean I knew it was a game just not what it was about. I downloaded the demo off of PSN today and I got to play the amazingly short demo.

From what I did get from the demo was you play as Ruby, who can indeed handle a gun. The demo doesn't say much about what the story is only that there was some backstabbing in a deal which involves a man getting shot in the head.  I personally didn't care for the demo, it ends randomly and doesn't do a very good job at telling you what WET is about or who the characters are. Now I know it's a demo so it really shouldn't matter. 

Though despite my disliking on how Bethesda and devs Artificial Mind & Movement put together the demo there are some really high points of it that I liked. The game looks great, environments look great and so do the character models. The demo does a great job
    introducing you to the controls, which are damn cool. You hit X to jump and when you do it goes into a slow mo and you can shoot at enemies until you hit the ground. You can also hit O to slide and take down enemies that way, or you could go with my personal favorite and hit the Square button to murder people with your sword. You can also do wall runs with L1 and shoot people while doing a back flip. Ruby holds two guns, so you can take down two enemies at a time. How that works is that one of her guns locks onto the closest enemy, and with your other you can shoot at any others around it using the left stick to aim. This all works and looks great, blood just flies.

The demo shows what I assume is a power up type of deal. It's a cut scene and Ruby shoots a guy in the face, she gets mad and everything turns red, kinda like Killer 7. You can still be hurt here but Ruby has a bigger life bar and can wail on people. It's very cool. The game ends on a odd car level where you are riding on cars while shooting. It works OK, aiming seemed weird on it. 

I really liked WET even though it was a demo. I know it's probably not best to judge a game off it's demo but I just might get it on September 15th. I was blown away.
    Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Cool stuff man. When I get my 360 back I'll download it I was just worried that it wasn't good enough to warrant a download.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich

I gotta admit that I thought the graphics were pretty shitty, but after I played the demo I thought differently, I really like the old movie style, also the soundtrack is fucking sweet, the gameplay is fun, and the game totally reminds me of Kill Bill (a movie I love with a passion) but what worries me is how short/long the game is, I see this game more like a sweet rental.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama

i dont know how people can even take this game seriously. I thought it was complete garbage. Especially for a Bethesda game.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @GamerGeek360: It's really short man. Probably 15mins long if that. But it's very fun.

@clubsandwich: I agree with you there, soundtrack was great too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.