Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WET

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

An homage to obscene grindhouse-style movies, WET is a third-person action/shooter soaked in blood and violence. Featuring the voice acting talent of Eliza Dushku & Alan Cumming.

Who's ready to get WET!

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

Edited By gingertastic_10

I just got WET from Gamefly today. I played the demo and really liked it. So I got home from school today and put it right into my PS3. The menu screen pretty much says "this game has some personality", and it does. It has a whole old school film strip look to it. The game starts off right where the demo did, in fact the demo is the first level of the game pretty much, there are some parts of the demo that are different, but it's pretty much the same. I'm happy about that, I really liked the demo.

Potential spoilers, if you don't want to know the beginning of the game just skip.

Bitch
     Bitch
    The game from what I got so far, is Rubi goes and tries to gain a heart that was in the box in the beginning cut scene (if you played the demo you'll know what I'm talking about). Rubi runs after the guy who has it. After gun fight after gun fight, it goes to a "car chase" part, which is full of quick time events, they work well. After she gets the heart she takes it to Trevor, Trevor. Trevor's dad needs that heart, she give it to him then gets paid. It then goes to a REALLY late title screen, and a list of bands, voices etc for the game. It comes back one year after the beginning of the game, and Rubi is on a what looks like abandon air field. You play about three challenges, which are all timed. You use all of your moves you have learned so far in the game to complete them. It goes to a cut scene and Trevor's dad comes in a car (the voice of Trevor's dad is the voice of President Eden in Fallout 3). He wants Rubi to get his son back, who has run into some trouble. That's really where I stopped playing.

The game is very styleish, which is it's strongest point. Everything from the music (which is top notch) to the graphics, is gritty and bloody. Yes, this game is a pretty hard M rating. I felt that the sword combat generated the most blood shed, some parts fall off, but it's not like the blood mess perk on Fallout 3. I like everything about the way the present this game, when you die it's like a film strip goes off the screen and stuff like that. Graphics wise it's not the most pretty game out there, but it is unique. Like I said it's gritty and somewhat colorful at times.

No Caption Provided
    There are some problems I have with WET. Shooting other then in the slo-mo parts (which are awesome) is a pain, it's pretty hard to aim. Rubi moves really slow when moving so it's hard to move from object or person. Character animations are messy, and AI are super strong monsters. What I don't get is that I shot a guy 18 times in the face he doesn't die, but one cut with my sword kills him? OK? That is pretty dumb. Also Eliza Dushku does a OK job as Rubi, some of it is baaaad.

But there are good things about it too. Like I said A2M did a fantastic job with it's presentation. The slo-mo bits are fantastic, and you get points for style. Sword combat is brutal and looks fantastic. Also what I liked is the point system. You gain points for combos, certain kills, and style. After each level you get graded on how fast you completed the level among others. On the PS3 version (I'm guessing Y on 360) you hit the triangle to bring up the upgrade screen. Here you can upgrade your health and skills, as you go on more unlock.

What I think of WET is that it's a good game, not great. If anyone likes Max Payne gameplay, I'd really suggest giving WET a look.
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

I just got WET from Gamefly today. I played the demo and really liked it. So I got home from school today and put it right into my PS3. The menu screen pretty much says "this game has some personality", and it does. It has a whole old school film strip look to it. The game starts off right where the demo did, in fact the demo is the first level of the game pretty much, there are some parts of the demo that are different, but it's pretty much the same. I'm happy about that, I really liked the demo.

Potential spoilers, if you don't want to know the beginning of the game just skip.

Bitch
     Bitch
    The game from what I got so far, is Rubi goes and tries to gain a heart that was in the box in the beginning cut scene (if you played the demo you'll know what I'm talking about). Rubi runs after the guy who has it. After gun fight after gun fight, it goes to a "car chase" part, which is full of quick time events, they work well. After she gets the heart she takes it to Trevor, Trevor. Trevor's dad needs that heart, she give it to him then gets paid. It then goes to a REALLY late title screen, and a list of bands, voices etc for the game. It comes back one year after the beginning of the game, and Rubi is on a what looks like abandon air field. You play about three challenges, which are all timed. You use all of your moves you have learned so far in the game to complete them. It goes to a cut scene and Trevor's dad comes in a car (the voice of Trevor's dad is the voice of President Eden in Fallout 3). He wants Rubi to get his son back, who has run into some trouble. That's really where I stopped playing.

The game is very styleish, which is it's strongest point. Everything from the music (which is top notch) to the graphics, is gritty and bloody. Yes, this game is a pretty hard M rating. I felt that the sword combat generated the most blood shed, some parts fall off, but it's not like the blood mess perk on Fallout 3. I like everything about the way the present this game, when you die it's like a film strip goes off the screen and stuff like that. Graphics wise it's not the most pretty game out there, but it is unique. Like I said it's gritty and somewhat colorful at times.

No Caption Provided
    There are some problems I have with WET. Shooting other then in the slo-mo parts (which are awesome) is a pain, it's pretty hard to aim. Rubi moves really slow when moving so it's hard to move from object or person. Character animations are messy, and AI are super strong monsters. What I don't get is that I shot a guy 18 times in the face he doesn't die, but one cut with my sword kills him? OK? That is pretty dumb. Also Eliza Dushku does a OK job as Rubi, some of it is baaaad.

But there are good things about it too. Like I said A2M did a fantastic job with it's presentation. The slo-mo bits are fantastic, and you get points for style. Sword combat is brutal and looks fantastic. Also what I liked is the point system. You gain points for combos, certain kills, and style. After each level you get graded on how fast you completed the level among others. On the PS3 version (I'm guessing Y on 360) you hit the triangle to bring up the upgrade screen. Here you can upgrade your health and skills, as you go on more unlock.

What I think of WET is that it's a good game, not great. If anyone likes Max Payne gameplay, I'd really suggest giving WET a look.
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By nrain

I really hated the demo, played like stranglehold but worse.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman
    @nrain said:
    "

"
    Pretty much exactly what I thought. The style was cool, I guess but the shooting just seemed....off.
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @Milkman said:
    " @nrain said:
    "

"
    Pretty much exactly what I thought. The style was cool, I guess but the shooting just seemed....off. "
    Yeah, shooting is pretty bad.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I'm ready to get a little moist... but WET? No thank you.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

Sounds fun. I loved the demo but did find shooting in regular parts (non slow motion) to be very janky. Nonetheless, I want to give this game a rent.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @RHCPfan24 said:
    " Sounds fun. I loved the demo but did find shooting in regular parts (non slow motion) to be very janky. Nonetheless, I want to give this game a rent. "
    I would highly suggest a rent. I have a feeling it'll be gun fight, after gun fight.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

From what I've seen this game is not going to be good, I'm not sure what the hype is all about.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By super_machine

No way. Some of the preview videos I watched looked pretty bad.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Xandurson

I think this would be a rent/pass for me but I'm glad you liked it. Maybe if I had a job I'd rent it but right now I don't have spending money.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By bed

i was interested in this game but after the demo, i was completely turned off because it just feeled...gah  
    maybe i will pick it up when it's cheap sometime next year 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.