Ubisoft to Co-Publish Midway's Wheelman

Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Speed lines!
The release date remains unchanged, but you'll see one more logo on the box of the Vin Diesel-fronted action-driving game, Wheelman. Midway confirmed this morning that it has teamed up with Ubisoft to co-publish the game. Ubi will be handling sales, marketing, and distribution of the game in most major territories, including North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, and the UK. Midway will retain sole publishing rights in the rest of the European territories.

This should be a notable test for Midway, which recently filed for bankruptcy. With all the belt-tightening that's probably going on around there, they could probably use a little help to make sure Wheelman gets out to as many stores as possible. If it works out, I wouldn't be surprised if more co-publishing deals like this were struck for some of the company's other upcoming releases.

Wheelman will drop in North America on March 24 for the 360, PC, and PS3.
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Speed lines!
The release date remains unchanged, but you'll see one more logo on the box of the Vin Diesel-fronted action-driving game, Wheelman. Midway confirmed this morning that it has teamed up with Ubisoft to co-publish the game. Ubi will be handling sales, marketing, and distribution of the game in most major territories, including North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland, and the UK. Midway will retain sole publishing rights in the rest of the European territories.

This should be a notable test for Midway, which recently filed for bankruptcy. With all the belt-tightening that's probably going on around there, they could probably use a little help to make sure Wheelman gets out to as many stores as possible. If it works out, I wouldn't be surprised if more co-publishing deals like this were struck for some of the company's other upcoming releases.

Wheelman will drop in North America on March 24 for the 360, PC, and PS3.
Staff
#2 Posted by DavidSnakes (675 posts) -

Let's make another I'm looking for a jawb joke!!

#3 Edited by Tiwi (1401 posts) -

Ubisailout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubisoft bailout, for you lesser gifted.

#4 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Anything to keep midway a-flowing, guiess a little help from another pulisher (provided they can swallow their pride) can only be a good thing?

#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Yeah, other companies could well follow suit with this tactic, if it''s proved it can be advantageous for both parties.

#6 Posted by Shadow (4980 posts) -

Great.  Instead of Midway, I'm gonna not be buying a Ubisoft game.

#7 Edited by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

I dunno, Ubibailout sounds better to me. It's less like Ubisellout or Ubisaleout. But less catchy!

I'm really looking forward to the Wheelman, and i really want it to do well, for both Midway AND Vin Diesel.

#8 Posted by Aaron_G (1615 posts) -

What ever helps Midway, is good I guess.

#9 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

I hope all of this is worth it. I am not even sure if this game is going to ANY good.

#10 Posted by giyanks22 (2681 posts) -

MIDWAY  is in the crapper. Ubisoft wlll provide some much needed support.

#11 Posted by Kohe321 (3529 posts) -

Good for Midway. Not interested in the game, though.

#12 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Hopefully, this will stop people at Midway from joining Vin Diesel in lookin' for a jahb.

#13 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Ubisoft is a good company so good on both of them.

#14 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

Good luck to Midway, they really need some right about now.

#15 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"I hope all of this is worth it. I am not even sure if this game is going to ANY good.
"
Oh it will be...i can feel it!

So can you can't ya Vin? "ima lookin for a job" See!
#16 Posted by MjHealy (1852 posts) -

The Wheelman will probably suck anyway. Still the more marketing money, the better.

#17 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

umm....congrats??

#18 Posted by ThePelinal (101 posts) -

Mmmm, Vin Diesel pie...

#19 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Riddick is where its at for Diesel

#20 Posted by Meltbrain (2970 posts) -

I'm lookin foh a jawb?
It would be nice if this game turns out to be decent.

#21 Posted by darkjester74 (1576 posts) -

Sounds like a smart deal for Midway.  Best of luck to those guys, I hope deals like this will help them pull out of this enormous hole they are in.

#22 Posted by barbacious (21 posts) -

eat.  Instead of Midway, I'm gonna not be buying a Ubisoft game

why is that?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.