Quick Look: White Knight Chronicles

#1 Edited by Ronin147 (78 posts) -

Lets see how this goes, been on the fence about this one.
#2 Posted by Jigsaw (12 posts) -

Is this for the wiiiii, looks good.

#3 Posted by The_Philosopher (570 posts) -

I'm gonna grab a banana and watch this quicklook. 

#4 Posted by Aaox (1657 posts) -

Dude, I love the Dark Cloud games.

#5 Posted by InFamous91 (931 posts) -

DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Combat is so slow~~ -_-

#7 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

nice!

#8 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Can't wait for this to come out in the UK, haven't played a console JRPG in while :)

#9 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -

Looks like shit compared to Demon's Souls and Dragon Age Origins.

#10 Posted by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

Lunch and a quicklook. Lets do it!

#11 Posted by Kaigan (282 posts) -

Made by Level 5.1, awesome.

#12 Posted by knownspace (85 posts) -

Quite Shite Chronicles

#13 Posted by ObsideonDarman (651 posts) -

The Combat System looks horrible

#14 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

This looks really boring.

#15 Posted by Lowkey20 (28 posts) -

This looks terribly bland and cliche. I remember when they first announced this I was actually hyped.
#16 Posted by spazmaster666 (1967 posts) -

Hmm this has gotten bad reviews from NA review sites but then again some of my favorite JRPGs have gotten bad reviews as well. I'll probably get this after I'm done with Darksiders and Bioshock 2.

#17 Posted by Nasar7 (2682 posts) -

Combat looks like Demon's Souls but really easy and FF XII ish.

#18 Posted by benitobb (291 posts) -

Well, this game doesn't look very good.
#19 Posted by Raindog (36 posts) -

Dave needs to be on all quick looks!

#20 Posted by Addfwyn (1926 posts) -

Finally, a JRPG on the consoles again, I've been craving a solid RPG for so long now, I have this one on order.  Gameplay looks all well and good, but I'll really need to see more of the game's story because, well...that's why you play RPGs.  It looks to be decently promising though, and I really like the environments and characters.   I don't expect it to be as good as FFXIII though (which is really solid so far)

Plus the Level 5 games area always really sold.  Not sure how i feel about the online stuff, RPGs remain single-player experiences to me, but it's worth giving a shot.

#21 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Defiantly a unique take on combat systems, that looks pretty good.

#22 Posted by Cazamalos (983 posts) -

i've played the Jp version months ago, and now i brought the new version, i'm having a fun time palying this game, is not awesome is not bad it's just very regular.

and duders it's a JRPG not a WRPG so get your expectations right

#23 Posted by sdornan (323 posts) -

Vinny's face is hilarious.

#24 Edited by Delta_Ass (3280 posts) -

Is it just me, or is the White Knight wearing high heels?

Why is Leonard's White Knight Gundam thing wearing high heels? Raiden also wore high heels in MGS4.

Do Japanese men really enjoy wearing high heels?

#25 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

this is boring

#26 Posted by Addfwyn (1926 posts) -

My one complaint, as with most US RPGs, is the voice acting needs work.  One of these days, RPG developers will realize that people will be happy with the japanese audio + subtitles.

#27 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

Most racist quick look ever.

Also, "white knight magic".

#28 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

Well at least this game will have a nomination for best late game intro.

#29 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

I got this yesterday and am very disappointed in it. It's completely and totally mediocre.

#30 Posted by Evilsbane (4619 posts) -

Well this game looks....a little bit, like an JPRG...but maybe that is just me.

#31 Edited by Blair (2507 posts) -

I agree with Dave that the pure turned based JRPGs are the best of the breed.

This is like Final Fantasy Power Rangers.

You can also punch through walls, so it's like Mortal Kombat.

FInal Kombat Rangers.

#32 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

Vinny AND vinny? This'll be good.

#33 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Vinny is a woman? What the fuck? This game is terrible.

#34 Posted by PosableActionFigure (188 posts) -

This game looks bland. The character designs are totally unappealing to me. Pass.

#35 Posted by Ozzie (188 posts) -

cuts short =P

#36 Posted by MetalGearFlaccid (207 posts) -

FF9 is my fav too, Vinny!

#37 Posted by DeathbyYeti (744 posts) -

this game does not look good

#38 Posted by DeviantJoker (398 posts) -

While Vinny's face is priceless, I saw a giant lack of /dance. NEXT!

#39 Posted by squidracerX (769 posts) -
@Cerza said:
" I got this yesterday and am very disappointed in it. It's completely and totally mediocre. "
yeah, i was really excited, but seeing it now.... although i was excited by FFXIII too and seeing that makes me think I'd HATE playing that, so I don't know now if Im gonna buy either one of these: one will be boring, and the other will annoy me... You know what maybe Ill pass on both... 3D Dot Hero here i come! 

Unless you think its worth waiting until $30-40?? yes/no?
#40 Edited by AllanIceman (1323 posts) -

Two Vinnys and a treasure chest! Woot! 

#41 Posted by Addfwyn (1926 posts) -
@squidracerX:  

I can't speak on WKC yet, I don't have it, but I can say I am really enjoying FFXIII.  Unless you really really hate linear games (It's pretty linear for about the first half, then it opens up a lot) it's one of my favourite FF games yet.  It's pretty linear, but solid story and really fun [and challenging] battles.   

I'll be getting WKC too, but I don't have it yet, probably gonna finish FFXIII first.
#42 Posted by Happy (261 posts) -

Uh, d-did that troll have a metal penis?

#43 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -

Does this game have a Japanese language option?

#44 Posted by squidracerX (769 posts) -
@Addfwyn said:
" @squidracerX:   I can't speak on WKC yet, I don't have it, but I can say I am really enjoying FFXIII.  Unless you really really hate linear games (It's pretty linear for about the first half, then it opens up a lot) it's one of my favourite FF games yet.  It's pretty linear, but solid story and really fun [and challenging] battles.    I'll be getting WKC too, but I don't have it yet, probably gonna finish FFXIII first. "
hmmmm no i don't mind linear really, but its the characters in FF that have been less and less my style in recent years, and the combat system in the enw one looked like what would annoy me... But i could be wrong! So far in the FF universe I did not like FF X at all. I am more of a FF 1-6, tactics, and i liked 12 okay kinda guy. But like Dragon Quest VIII is linear and its my favorite RPG in recent memory. I think character/enemy design is a big part for me?
#45 Edited by Mistzero (307 posts) -
agree with vinny ff9 is my fave as well
#46 Posted by PlasmaMachine (248 posts) -

Nolan Northathon '10 rolls on with the voice of Cyrus in White Knight Chronicles voiced by, yes, Nolan North. So February is claimed by the voice of the gaming generation, what will he star in next month?

#47 Posted by NinjaHeartless (23 posts) -

Did I see Nolan North in the voice credits or am I imagining things?

#48 Posted by NateDestruction (38 posts) -

29:27 - Pink Knight has a penis

#49 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

This game does not look good, and I LOVE JRPGS. Heck, I even liked Magna Carta II, so that's saying something...

#50 Posted by MeatSim (10858 posts) -

That is the way to play this game, make your custom character as ugly as possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.