Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

White Knight Chronicles: International Edition

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

White Knight Chronicles is a mixture of traditional fantasy JRPG and good old fashioned mecha. The story features Leonard, a protagonist who can transform into the White Knight with the use of an ancient technology. The game also allows players to join forces over the internal multiplayer mode, Geonet.

The Time Machine: White Knight Chronicles Edition!

essaregee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By essaregee

So, most of you that have been reading my post know that I don't dislike WKC, despite my review stating on how many technical issues there were, and the horrid battle system, but it's still a great game (more or less), you just have to play the game with lower standards :P 
    In any case, here is a little video from way back from 2006 that showed 'in engine gameplay' of how awesome this game could have been. 

This makes me wonder, where did they go wrong? What stopped them from perusing the great ideas that they had planned, and instead make some horrid decisions that literally broke it.  

The game looked godly at the time...... QQ.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Well Japanese consumers put a stop to DQ9's action battle system, it stands to reason this just didn't test well or they couldn't get it to work. Probably both.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I thought it was confirmed that this was completely pre-rendered.

MrPickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MrPickles
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "I thought it was confirmed that this was completely pre-rendered. "

That still doesn't mean that the game being this way wouldn't have been completely awesome.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " I thought it was confirmed that this was completely pre-rendered. "
    It was. You can't look at that and presume they got the system working, then scrapped it later. This is just what they were shooting for. A lot of companies do this, most don't actually show it to the public.
    Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

huh. i knew there was a reason people were excited about this game a while back

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By MAST
    @essaregee:

I dunno, seems to play just like current WKC. I wasn't able to listen to the audio, but all that video does is make the game look better, and has way more animations, but it was also basically just a cut-scene. You can't expect the actual game to look like that. The battle system looked almost exactly like what's currently in the game to me. The only differences I noticed were graphical. I don't see what's so fantastical about that video, as opposed to how the game currently is. Other then visually.

I also noticed that you said you don't like the battle system? That blows my mind. I think it's great... I guess that's why most of the reviews out there have me baffled. I seem to be the only one that likes the core mechanics this game offers.

/shrug

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.