Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 25, 2001

A boy sneaks into his school at night to plant a chocolate in the desk of the girl he likes. However, things take a turn for the worse as he struggles to survive the supernatural horrors and a possessed janitor that roams the school's corridors.

Has anyone played this?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've had this game sitting on my backlog for years, as I had heard a number of people say it was terrifying, but I kept forgetting to try it.

Well, I'm not too proud to say that I had to call it quits for the night after just an hour. Not even Amnesia affected me that badly. Good god. I can imagine some folks playing it and saying "This shit is cheesy.", but it gets under my skin in the worst (read: best) way. Without spoiling anything, I never want to hear the sound of ripping paper again.

First true scare of the game, and it's a goddamn doozy. *riiiiip... riiiip*

Tagging @patrickklepek in this, as I feel like this game is just BEGGING to be featured in Spookin', or at least made known to him.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@shagge said:

I've had this game sitting on my backlog for years, as I had heard a number of people say it was terrifying, but I kept forgetting to try it.

Well, I'm not too proud to say that I had to call it quits for the night after just an hour. Not even Amnesia affected me that badly. Good god. I can imagine some folks playing it and saying "This shit is cheesy.", but it gets under my skin in the worst (read: best) way. Without spoiling anything, I never want to hear the sound of ripping paper again.

Tagging @patrickklepek in this, as I feel like this game is just BEGGING to be featured in Spookin', or at least made known to him.

I'm surprised that no one ever replied to this. But seeing as today is White Day, I'm giving this post some love. I never did play the game myself, but good god, does it ever seem terrifying. And I agree completely that this is a game that @patrickklepek should consider for a future Spookin' With Scoops installment.

As for myself, this is just one more reason why I really should upgrade my PC into something that can actually be worth a damn at playing games.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Oh hey, I forgot about this post! Haha. Y'know, I actually started playing this again not too long ago. And yeeep, it's still the best way for me to get a massive fear jolt when I'm jonesing for one (which is often... "horror junkie" is an incredibly apt phrase). I'll never not be terrified of the Lunch Lady ghost.

Are you sure you can't run it? It's just about playable on an abacus, really.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hailinel

@shagge said:

@hailinel: Oh hey, I forgot about this post! Haha. Y'know, I actually started playing this again not too long ago. And yeeep, it's still the best way for me to get a massive fear jolt when I'm jonesing for one (which is often... "horror junkie" is an incredibly apt phrase). I'll never not be terrified of the Lunch Lady ghost.

Are you sure you can't run it? It's just about playable on an abacus, really.

It's not that I can't run it. I'm sure it has the horsepower. The problem is my video card is not designed for gaming at all.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaggE

@hailinel: Ahh, I gotcha. I have the same problem, thanks to an otherwise decent laptop that harnesses the immense power of... err... a first-gen Intel HD. Good thing I don't mind 640x480 that much, or I'd be hopelessly behind on my gaming.

What sucks is that I have a perfectly competent Nvidia card just sitting here waiting to be inserted in a desktop I can't complete.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

SNL Korea actually parodied this game yesterday.

Loading Video...

It's a shame this game put Sonnori out of business despite its popularity because of piracy.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrumdidlyumptious: Ha, that was pretty good. I love that the game is well known enough to get an SNL mention in Korea.

And I agree, that's a major shame. I haven't played anything else by them, but they were ahead of their time with White Day. Imagine what they could have made in a post-Amnesia era.

I really hope something comes of that fan remake.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@scrumdidlyumptious: Wow, I had no idea that Sonnori went out of business like that.

Piracy sucks. :(

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Oh sorry I was wrong. They actually just stopped making package games after this one because it only sold 3000 copies when it first released. I always thought they just went out of business because Koreans don't like to pay for things.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.