"Leaked" gameplay.

#1 Edited by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

After LA Noire Team bondi collapsed. Multiple scandals and financial problems they faded away leaving "whore of the orient" in limbo.

Today some "leaked" gameplay Appeared on multiple news outlets.

For some reason i cant Embed the video so here is the link to it.

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/whore_of_the_orient_whore_of_the_orient_exclusive_first_gameplay_footage.html?start=45

As people have stated it certainly looks like a Pre alpha build. I look forward to see if this game will ever get released.

#2 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

This is not even alpha footage. But I am really surprised that this is going to be some sort of cover based shooter. I hoped it would be much more of an adventure game^^

#3 Edited by wh1terav3n (656 posts) -

@darji: Portions of LA Noire were cover based shooting too.

I don't think we can judge the game based on leaked footage when nothing has been heard of this game in a long time. If it ever comes out, I would be surprised if it was earlier than 2015.

#4 Posted by Humanity (8808 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: Considering the game wasn't finished that doesn't look bad at all. Maybe not interesting, but not "bad" by any means.

#5 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@darji: Yeah i was hoping this was a "La noire" type of game but only set in the orient.

#6 Posted by falserelic (5324 posts) -

That shooting bit was kinda funny, but it looks like the game is still heavily in production. Though it looks like it will turnout to be an uncharted rip-off.

Online
#7 Posted by cutyoface (541 posts) -

It is still early in development. I believe it is suppose to come out in 2015.

#8 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

@humanity said:

@jimmyfenix: Considering the game wasn't finished that doesn't look bad at all. Maybe not interesting, but not "bad" by any means.

I think that's the greater sin at this point. It looks a little rough around the edges, but nothing a few polishing passes won't take care of. Certainly nothing to dismiss the game over

#9 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

That's clearly pre-alpha footage. Not really fair to judge this.

#10 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

The "press square to doubt" guys think they can make a shooter, or any game that has actual gameplay for that matter?

Hah.

#11 Edited by RollingZeppelin (1914 posts) -

Cause games work perfectly right off the bat. Look, I'm unsure of team Bondi as a developer but this is way too early to judge the gameplay.

#12 Edited by Humanity (8808 posts) -

The "press square to doubt" guys think they can make a shooter, or any game that has actual gameplay for that matter?

Hah.

You must be fairly ignorant to reduce the entirety of L.A. Noir, which was a really great narrative driven detective story, to simply "press X to doubt."

That kind of criticism might almost qualify as a really poor argument against Heavy Rain, but definitely not L.A. Noir.

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5222 posts) -

It doesn't seem in a state to fully judge, so I won't.

#14 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@humanity said:

@jouseldelka said:

The "press square to doubt" guys think they can make a shooter, or any game that has actual gameplay for that matter?

Hah.

You must be fairly ignorant to reduce the entirety of L.A. Noir, which was a really great narrative driven detective story, to simply "press X to doubt."

I didn't reduce the game's quality or worth to that, I reduced the game's gameplay to that, and that's a pretty fair reduction.

But I'll switch it up for you and show you how nothing changes: The creators of the really great narrative driven detective story that had little to no gameplay, think they can create a shooter or any game that has actual gameplay for that matter?

Hah.

#15 Edited by Humanity (8808 posts) -

@jouseldelka: The game had a bit of shooting, driving, on-foot chases in addition to crime scene examination and interrogation.

So you have successfully switched up your argument from dumb to dumber.

#16 Posted by Darji (5294 posts) -

@darji: Portions of LA Noire were cover based shooting too.

I don't think we can judge the game based on leaked footage when nothing has been heard of this game in a long time. If it ever comes out, I would be surprised if it was earlier than 2015.

Yeah but that was the really really bad part of La. Noire.

#17 Posted by me3639 (1725 posts) -

Why is there a thread everyday, "I dont get it., Its not good. I hate it." If you feel that way fine, If you think you can do better start coding, if not, i guess ill assume, yea you couldn't do better.

#18 Edited by Sanious (793 posts) -

@me3639: And why do people make these arguments where since you apparently can't do it, you shouldn't criticize it? Personally didn't like LA Noir and from the looks of this game (outside of graphics), it doesn't look interesting at all.

#19 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -

I like the music, like a bunch.

#20 Posted by mak_wikus (503 posts) -

Oh my god, will people ever stop complaining about the quality? It's not like it was captured from a finished game!

#21 Posted by shinjin977 (748 posts) -

This is pre-alpha guys. On topic, call me bias but we manage to get games set in asia but the main character is still the same old mighty white-man? Also, hes a kung-fu master? This is the last samurai all over again.

#22 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -
@sanious said:

@me3639: And why do people make these arguments where since you apparently can't do it, you shouldn't criticize it? Personally didn't like LA Noir and from the looks of this game (outside of graphics), it doesn't look interesting at all.

Couldn't have said it better my self.

#23 Posted by Brodehouse (9585 posts) -

Looks like how LA Noire probably looked in development. Games don't look very good until they're almost done pals.

#24 Posted by Willza92 (259 posts) -

Complaining about this is the equivalent to complaining about your steak before the chef has cooked it. Get some fucking sense for Christ sake. Of course it looks bad, most video games look shit while in production and it isn't until the last part of the process is when games come together. GTA V looked like shit at one point , as did a Call of Duty game as did your most favourite game ever made.

Base your opinions on finished products that you have played, or if you struggle to create your own opinion, find someone else's that resonates with you and roll with that until you can form your own opinion.

I don't actually have anything to add about the gameplay because it's a minute long video with pre alpha footage. Who in there right mind would form an opinion based off that? Oh, right. I thought the environments looked pretty good though. Western games set in Eastern settings kinda jives with me for some reason.

#25 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@willza92 said:

Complaining about this is the equivalent to complaining about your steak before the chef has cooked it. Get some fucking sense for Christ sake. Of course it looks bad, most video games look shit while in production and it isn't until the last part of the process is when games come together. GTA V looked like shit at one point , as did a Call of Duty game as did your most favourite game ever made.

Base your opinions on finished products that you have played, or if you struggle to create your own opinion, find someone else's that resonates with you and roll with that until you can form your own opinion.

I don't actually have anything to add about the gameplay because it's a minute long video with pre alpha footage. Who in there right mind would form an opinion based off that? Oh, right. I thought the environments looked pretty good though. Western games set in Eastern settings kinda jives with me for some reason.

I was going to agree with you until you told me to get some "fucking sense for christ sake" Everyone in this thread is saying it politely about it being pre alpha footage but shouldn't you be getting angry at the major news outlets who are posting it and are not saying it is pre alpha footage?

#26 Edited by DharmaBum (1046 posts) -

The worst parts of LA Noire were definitely the cover-based shooting, but this footage isn't enough to pass judgment. The environment looked pretty good during the street portions at least.

Hopefully McNamara doesn't fuck up again this time.

#27 Edited by Willza92 (259 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: No, your right. I don't care about other major news outlets, I care about here. It felt like the first half of this thread was gestating negativity at a game that hasn't even been shown off to the public yet and a previous game which, although wasn't perfect, was certainly more than "press x to doubt: the video game". I'm sorry if I offended you with the whole "get some fucking sense" but your title thread title and subsequent post gave me the impression that you were starting up some "it's cool to hate" train for a game that we will probably never see, and that really is lame. And you are not lame, you are smart. You want to know how I know your smart? Because you are on Giant Bomb, so you actually give a shit about video games. Again, sorry. I shouldn't let things on the internet wind me up but I'm just so tired of all the negativity and snide bullshit (that wasn't you jimmy, to be fair).

Maybe it would just be easier if I said Whore of the Orient looks like fucking shit and fuck those guys for making a cover based shooter i am so angry rawr rawr rawr.

#28 Posted by mrfluke (5090 posts) -

i just hope that mcnarma or whatever his name was learned his lesson. and isnt such a dick to his employees for the sake of the game,

Online
#29 Edited by Hunter5024 (5541 posts) -

Whorient.

#30 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@willza92 said:

@jimmyfenix: No, your right. I don't care about other major news outlets, I care about here. It felt like the first half of this thread was gestating negativity at a game that hasn't even been shown off to the public yet and a previous game which, although wasn't perfect, was certainly more than "press x to doubt: the video game". I'm sorry if I offended you with the whole "get some fucking sense" but your title thread title and subsequent post gave me the impression that you were starting up some "it's cool to hate" train for a game that we will probably never see, and that really is lame. And you are not lame, you are smart. You want to know how I know your smart? Because you are on Giant Bomb, so you actually give a shit about video games. Again, sorry. I shouldn't let things on the internet wind me up but I'm just so tired of all the negativity and snide bullshit (that wasn't you jimmy, to be fair).

Maybe it would just be easier if I said Whore of the Orient looks like fucking shit and fuck those guys for making a cover based shooter i am so angry rawr rawr rawr.

No problems duder! yeah i wrote somestuff in the title and in the OP which was abit too much judgmental on the game. I will fix the title and OP now

#31 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Yeah, obviously not close to being done yet, and the clip doesn't really give us much information either. Hopefully there'll be a lot more to it than just being another third-person cover-based shooter.

Moderator
#32 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -

I like the music, like a bunch.

This is the first thing I noticed too. It's really fucking good.

#33 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

I wish the person who leaked it wrote a massive pre-alpha on it. Cos this just brings negative opinion.

#34 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -
#35 Posted by 49th (2691 posts) -

The setting seems cool and I am a big fan of LA Noire, I hope this game eventually comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.