Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii MotionPlus

Accessory »

Nintendo's latest accessory is designed to enhance motion control by quickly and accurately catching complex and minute movements, significantly improving the versatility and precision of the Wii Remote.

Looks like Europe is getting the bad end of the deal as usual...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene
    No Caption Provided
    The recommended retail price of one individual M+ unit is (according to the regional Amazon sites) are:

• Japan: 1.500 Yen (about 15 dollars
    • United States: 19,99 Dollars
    • Europe: 19,90 Euros (About 28 Dollars)
    • UK: 24,99 Pounds (about 40 Dollars)

Nothing odd here unfortunately.... As a small consolation for those who live in the UK amazon appears to be selling them at 15 Pounds at the moment: link
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Hm...we'll probably get them here (latin america) for around $50 >_<.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hairydutchman

20 euro's isnt so bad.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Prices in Europe are always converted like that. The value is never taken in account, they only convert the $ into symbol into E.

Sucks for the UK though, that's over the top. Did the pound rebound recently making the previously "adjusted" prices so ludicrous?

Anyway, bundles are the way to go. Waiting for Wii Sports Resort myself, not too convinced about EA's titles yet.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Alex_V

Good points well made. Obviously a package with a game is going to be better practical value.

I'm hoping the reviewing community do a better job this year of guiding my purchases - last year's Tiger Woods on Wii barely got reviewed anywhere on the net.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Alex_V

Sorry, just looked around Amazon, and it seems that Grand Slam tennis is £28 without an accessory, and £45 with one. It's cheaper than the £25 quoted above, but more expensive than the £16 quoted in the OP.

So in the UK at least it doesn't seem like it necessarily is better value to buy it packaged with a game. Don't want to mislead anyone - hope I've made that clear.

I've also realised of course that all the packages are for one controller only. To get 2 (which I need) plus any game is going to cost about £60 at best, which is bad news. The media ought to start calling out Nintendo on this point - I'm fed up of hearing that the Wii is the cheap console.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.