Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Sports Resort

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 25, 2009

Take a trip to the tropical Wuhu Island and partake in 12 sports-themed mini-games in this sequel to the popular Wii pack-in game Wii Sports.

Oh hi Wii, how have you been?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Otacon

So Wii Sports resort came in the mail today marking the first time I've played my Wii in three or four months. To say that I deliberated on spending £40 on a Wii Sports title would be an understatement, I was hovering over the order button a few days back for quite some time. Though my final decision was worth it, Wii Sports Resort is a great title which is good fun to play alone or with friends, which is in itself a problem as I'm now tempted to shell out for a second MotionPlus. The MotionPlus itself is not in any way disappointing, now I don't know about you but when I first got the Wii and popped Wii Sports in I was hit with a very slight disappointment which turned into a form of denial, blaming the game for not utilizing the controls enough etc. I finally had to come to terms that I had expected too much from the Wii. With the MotionPlus I feel like that initial expectation I had has been met, it really is 1:1 recognition even though you have to re-calibrate every now and again. This is clear from the get go where your sky diving Mii has the outline of the remote around him and every slight motion of yours is portrayed on the the screen, really exciting stuff! Because of this my imagination has been racing all day about the possibilities the MotionPlus can bring to games, especially the up and coming Zelda title. It really does feel good to be excited about the Wii again.

Apart from that I've been sluggishly moving through infamous, perhaps I really need to get into it but so far I'm not really getting into the game, on a lot of missions I will reach the point of frustration then pass the mission, then reach frustration on the next but pass it. It's not that the games really difficult either, I don't know, I'll stick with it. As some shameless advertising to end a blog, I wrote a blog on the longevity of this generation a while back, went a little unnoticed, if your at all interested you can read it here. Thanks for Reading!
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Otacon

So Wii Sports resort came in the mail today marking the first time I've played my Wii in three or four months. To say that I deliberated on spending £40 on a Wii Sports title would be an understatement, I was hovering over the order button a few days back for quite some time. Though my final decision was worth it, Wii Sports Resort is a great title which is good fun to play alone or with friends, which is in itself a problem as I'm now tempted to shell out for a second MotionPlus. The MotionPlus itself is not in any way disappointing, now I don't know about you but when I first got the Wii and popped Wii Sports in I was hit with a very slight disappointment which turned into a form of denial, blaming the game for not utilizing the controls enough etc. I finally had to come to terms that I had expected too much from the Wii. With the MotionPlus I feel like that initial expectation I had has been met, it really is 1:1 recognition even though you have to re-calibrate every now and again. This is clear from the get go where your sky diving Mii has the outline of the remote around him and every slight motion of yours is portrayed on the the screen, really exciting stuff! Because of this my imagination has been racing all day about the possibilities the MotionPlus can bring to games, especially the up and coming Zelda title. It really does feel good to be excited about the Wii again.

Apart from that I've been sluggishly moving through infamous, perhaps I really need to get into it but so far I'm not really getting into the game, on a lot of missions I will reach the point of frustration then pass the mission, then reach frustration on the next but pass it. It's not that the games really difficult either, I don't know, I'll stick with it. As some shameless advertising to end a blog, I wrote a blog on the longevity of this generation a while back, went a little unnoticed, if your at all interested you can read it here. Thanks for Reading!
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I really liked Wii Sports. I still play it when friends and family come over, last weekend as a matter of fact. I'm really looking forward to playing it. I bought the Tiger Woods 10 / Motion Plus bundle for the Wii and it's a great game. So, I'll get my second Motion Plus when I pick up my copy of Wii Sports Resort... should be fun. Better gaming is always a good thing.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sounds good. This may give me a reason to dust off my Wii again. The console has been such a massive disappointment for me that I go months at a time without touching it.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " Sounds good. This may give me a reason to dust off my Wii again. The console has been such a massive disappointment for me that I go months at a time without touching it. "
    Your fault for not trying out games after the disappointing 06/07.
    Top 50 Wii games
    Top 50 Wii announcements

It's not that the games really difficult either

Just wait til you enter pro-mode in the games, or try to get all five stamps.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio

Yeah man, I'm really looking forward to Wii Sports Resort. I also Just bought MadWorld for 20 bucks off amazon.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I just dusted off my wii after about 3 months yesterday, but it was only to play Mega Man 2 again.

Chartor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Chartor

The Wii for me still has a feel of "pick up and play, but don't expect to be amused for too long".  Maybe the MotionPlus will change that, but i will always be skeptical until i've experienced the proof!

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By super_machine

I'm not sold. This game may be fun for a few plays but I dont see myself buying it. Nintendo has just added rhine stones and a feather to the fancy hat everyone already owns. In the end, how often are you going to wear that  new fancy hat when you are already sick of wearing the slightly less fancy hat you had two years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.