Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Sports Resort

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 25, 2009

Take a trip to the tropical Wuhu Island and partake in 12 sports-themed mini-games in this sequel to the popular Wii pack-in game Wii Sports.

Top 3 favorite WSR sports

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hairydutchman

I got the game today and I'm very impressed with what the game and the Motion+ has to offer. My top 3 favorite sports are;

1. Swordplay. I especially like the precision cutting.
    2. Table tennis. It feels almost the same as real table tennis.
    3. And suprisingly canoeing. It gets pretty tricky later on, and is probably the most physically demanding game of the bunch (which I kinda like).

What are your favorite sports?

Inferno313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Inferno313

1. Sword Play. Best use of Motion+. Showdown is freaking crazy!
    2. Table Tennis. Needs more features and modes though.
    3. Flying the plane. Sorry, but there's something just so calming and peaceful about it.

Glancr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Glancr

I agree about canoeing - I figured it would be one of the more lame games, but I find it pretty fun in single player, and BRUTALLY fun in competitive mode.  During a party, even more than swordfighting, canoeing races were the most intense and involved.

I also agree about the Island Flyover game.  Very cool to just explore and see everything.  I like how the game tries to link each sport to another by the island concept; definitely works well to give the sense of a community.

I'd like to spend more time with bike racing, because it's not terribly intuitive.  Basketball 3-point contest is fun for small sessions, and Table Tennis is definitely a top sport.

Lastly - if you want an 11-point match in TT instead of 6, just hold the "2" button from the main menu all the way through when the match starts.  Strange little cheat to make the game longer.

Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hairydutchman

I agree with you guys that the flying is really cool and relaxing. Though I don't really like the time limit.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By m1k3

Table Tennis
    Swordplay
    Archery
    (my right shoulder is really hurting right now lol)

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Marzy

1) Sword Fighting (Showdown)
    2) Archery
    3) Air Sports (Island Flyover)

I think the Sword Fighting and Archery really highlight the strengths of M+ and I find them really enjoyable to play. The Island Flyover is pleasant to play and enjoy trying to discover where all the information points are. I think it would have been great if you could have went online on Air Sports, especially when playing the Dog-Fight option.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

1. Swordfighting hands-down. The three swordfighting modes + stamps are worth the 30 bucks for the game alone.
    2. Archery. Was disappointed about the little number of stages, but the stamp challenges make it worth it.
    3. Tabletennis. It just works so well, and, again, the stamp challenges keep me going.

MEH
    3. Waterski. More annoying than fun, nothing really to "do", and very often you don't really know what you did wrong.
    2. Basketball.
    1. Cycling. It's no fun. Balance Board support could have made this interesting, but as it is, no.

Nat3TheGreat13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Nat3TheGreat13
    1. Sword fighting
    2. Archery
    3. Table Tennis
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Claude

1. Table Tennis: Just a rock-solid game. I like it when the point goes on for a while and the sound changes.
    2. Cycling: Tour de Wuhu or that's what I call it. I find it to be a great challenge of endurance and strategy.
    3. Archery: I'm hypnotized by the way the game plays and feels in my hands.

Glancr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Glancr

I've gotten to the point with archery where it's pretty difficult to surpass my high scores.  Beginner I'm sitting at 111, and it's funny how one bad shot (bad = 7 or less at that point, I guess) puts a high score out of reach.  Intermediate I think I'm at 99, thanks to having the last target being across the water, and Expert I'm at 85.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.