Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii Sports Resort

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 25, 2009

Take a trip to the tropical Wuhu Island and partake in 12 sports-themed mini-games in this sequel to the popular Wii pack-in game Wii Sports.

Wii MotionPlus: Welcome Addition or Divisive Ripoff?

GreenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GreenLantern

A lot of lofty promises were made before the Wii came out. Some of them were subtle, but I'm pretty sure many of us expected 1-to-1 motion would eventually show up in our games.

Had I known that such a feat would not be possible in normal games, and would require another unnecessary add-on (which the Wii is starting to become infamous for), I'm not sure I would've loyally and enthusiastically purchased one on launch-day.

What do you guys and gals think of this new bit of hardware?

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KindGalaxy

I think it will seperate the consumer market, on one side you'll have the people who don't have Wii Sports Resort and thus don't have Wii MotionPlus and on the other side you have those who do. Game developers would love to use this 1-to-1 motion capture but not at the expense of only being able to sell their game to those who have the Wii MotionPlus peripheral and so will continue to develop games specifically for the base consumer; those who don't have the Wii MotionPlus.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By bennyboy

i think it is nintendo admitting that they fucked up with the original wii control scheme

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Lies

I woulds have rather Nintendo pushes the Wii back a bit and included the MotionnPus in the original package. I'm certainly not going to buy it now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.