Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

7000 Wii U's stolen in an airport, $2 Million's worth.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

This past weekend theives managed to get away with 7000 Wii U consoles, they stole them from an apirport in Seattle. That amount of Wii U's is worth about $2.8 Million, they managed to do it with the aid of a forklift and multiple trucks. The people were well informed and were in and out before anybody had noticed anything, no information on the criminals is available. But I think one of the "Worst" things about this whole thing is how ABC refers to them as Wii Consoles in the header and then calls them portable Wii consoles...

Source - ABC.

Source - IGN.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

That's (two) million bucks!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Azteck

How does that even happen. Like, sure, a dozen I can understand but seven thousand Wii Us? That's crazy

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

@Azteck: The people that took them seem like they know what there doing, these aren't just some kiddies.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Azteck

@Hizang: I don't doubt it, but how many trucks could they have had to use? I mean the box isn't tiny. It's really impressive, awful, but impressive.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Cold_Wolven

7000?! They must have had the whole weekend to themselves with a crew of like 50 people, this sounds like organized crime to me.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vonocourt

Are you sure those are all Wii U consoles? The article just states Wii consoles except for the Wii U review link at the bottom.

flushpockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By flushpockets

I live in the Seattle area and saw this on the news. The news caster said Wii U's but then they showed footage of Wii's on pallets. And also, what are they gonna do with them? Its not like they are gonna sell for a premium.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

@Vonocourt said:

Are you sure those are all Wii U consoles? The article just states Wii consoles except for the Wii U review link at the bottom.

Well 2 million divided by 7000 equates to almost 300 bucks for each, so as an estimate it would line up with the value of Wii Us.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Vonocourt

@Hizang said:

@Azteck: The people that took them seem like they know what there doing, these aren't just some kiddies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.