Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Amazon selling Wii U at a higher price than anywhere else.

Avatar image for thematrixonline
    TheMatrixOnline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Amazon is selling Wii U's at a higher price than anywhere else. The Wind Waker Bundle and the 32GB Black Deluxe Set are selling for $328.88 and $339.99 respectively. Those bundles are being sold for $299.99 at other retailers.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Amazon itself doesn't sell Nintendo hardware. The prices you are seeing are the prices set by third-party marketplace sellers.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@thematrixonline: I haven't checked recently, but when I looked a few weeks ago the bundles were all through other sellers and not directly from Amazon. It's almost like there's some sort of supply issue that is only affecting Amazon.

EDIT: After a quick internet search, apparently there's some sort of beef between Amazon and Nintendo possibly related to the DS hinge problem that has led to Amazon no longer selling some Nintendo hardware. Super weird, especially since the 3DS seems to still totally be for sale through Amazon.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By twigger89

@thematrixonline: I haven't checked recently, but when I looked a few weeks ago the bundles were all through other sellers and not directly from Amazon. It's almost like there's some sort of supply issue that is only affecting Amazon.

EDIT: After a quick internet search, apparently there's some sort of beef between Amazon and Nintendo possibly related to the DS hinge problem that has led to Amazon no longer selling some Nintendo hardware. Super weird, especially since the 3DS seems to still totally be for sale through Amazon.

The 3DS was just put back on Amazon last week, up until then it was only sold through 3rd party sellers. I think this is just a case that Amazon is being a little choosy with what they carry from Nintendo (they are not selling the zelda 3DS xl bundle as of yet) as they start selling those products again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.