Any way to preorder this bad boy?

#1 Posted by Vrikk (951 posts) -

Everywhere looks to be sold out.

If not, how does one get told when one is available?

#2 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Just walk in day one and get one off the shelf.

#3 Posted by Etnos (245 posts) -

bad boy...

ohh fanboysm..

#4 Posted by Vrikk (951 posts) -

I'm not a fan boy. I don't own a Wii or 3DS. I'm just curious if there's some sort of secret sauce to where to get one since there seem to be no options.

Don't assume.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I cancelled three Wii U deluxe pre-orders I had at GameStop a couple of days ago and the sales associates freaked out. They were honestly just so that I could scalp and hopefully make a profit, but I've decided that the Wii U systems won't actually go for that much on Ebay.

And that is my unrelated story.

#6 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

Sure you did.

#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@algertman said:

This is probably your best bet. Figure out when your local Gamestop opens and show up bright and early.

#8 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@algertman said:

This is probably your best bet. Figure out when your local Gamestop opens and show up bright and early.

I meant that as a joke.

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@algertman said:

I meant that as a joke.

For reals, Gamestops will probably get between one and five non-pre-order units to sell. If you're lucky and show up right after the truck arrives, you have the best chance of snagging a WiiU without actually preordering.

#10 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

Just pre-ordered on today at Frys. You had to pay the full price up front. Was surprised as the OP mentioned I too thought all pre-orders were filled.

#11 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I cancelled three Wii U deluxe pre-orders I had at GameStop a couple of days ago and the sales associates freaked out. They were honestly just so that I could scalp and hopefully make a profit, but I've decided that the Wii U systems won't actually go for that much on Ebay.

I did the exact same thing except I only had 2 pre-ordered.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@algertman said:

Sure you did.

Wait, was that directed at me? Why the fuck would I lie about cancelling console pre-orders?

@msavo: Yeah... I tried doing the same with the 3DS and that didn't work out. After following the Wii craze upon its launch, it was tempting to pre-order those Wii Us asap, but I don't think it's going to go for all that much anymore. If it does, though, I'll probably cry a little bit.

#13 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

I like that this thread didn't help the person at all. Thanks guys. I'm sure you can go to gamestop and ask an employee there.

#14 Posted by RE_Player1 (7526 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I've lucked out with so many shipping errors and stupid cashiers this year, getting a free Xbox and a bunch of other stuff for free, that I didn't want to chance it on the WiiU. I literally cancelled my remaining WiiU order last week cause I didn't want it nor did I want to go through the hassle of selling it.

#15 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Ugh I'm kinda tempted to get this on launch even though I have no interest in many of games availble...I want a new console!

#16 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

Oh, you're one of those.

#17 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Sayishere said:

Ugh I'm kinda tempted to get this on launch even though I have no interest in many of games availble...I want a new console!

Uhh, what?

#18 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (928 posts) -

@Vrikk: Walmart might be your best bet depending on where you live. The are doing in store preorders now with their layaway system, which until recently they weren't even advertising. So if there's any place that you can preorder and there possibly be an actual opening it's there.They are only allowing the deluxe edition.

#19 Posted by Vrikk (951 posts) -

@BlatantNinja23: Perfect. Thanks sir. I'll try this. Looking around, this look like it'll be my best bet.

Although, being an early adopter is not always the best course of action, especially if the first games out aren't that great. Hrm...

#20 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@Hailinel: I usually don't believe anyone who says that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.