Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Best accessories?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Just got one, so besides the pro controller, and that 8 hour replacement battery that I can't find for sale anywhere, I'm wondering what is the best:

1 Anti-glare screen protector.

2 Charging cradle for the pad and or remotes

3 Any type of signal booster or repeater to use the pad in far away rooms

4 External data solution

5 bigger replacement stylus

Or any other kind of cool accessories for Wii U.

Muchos gracias.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

I don't own a Wii U, so I can't comment on most of this. However, as a general rule, I never use screen protectors of any kind.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

@chaser324: The Wii U game pad screen is exceptionally reflective, even on brightest settings I can see my face clear as a pond and the colors fade heavily unless your in a dim room.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

1- I don't have a screen protector, I never saw the need for one. That said, see #5.

2- Did you not get the Deluxe set? If not just buy the official cradle.

3- I have never heard of a signal booster. You may be shit out of luck on that one.

4- I bought this hard drive and haven't had any problems with it.

5- I am still using the regular stylus, but maybe this bundle would be a good solution to the screen protector issue and stylus issue?

As for other stuff, I recently bought the Uboost. It adds a bit of weight to the gamepad but doubles the battery life.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know about you but I can never get screen protectors on right, either for phones or whatever. The glue is weird and there's always bubbles and pieces of dust that get trapped under there. I think Nintendo's touch screens are plenty durable on their own, at least if you only use the stylus.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

The only essential accessory is the official GamePad battery with bigger capacity.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Screen protectors tend to make things look worse - this is my experience with 3DS/DS ones - so I've stopped using them.

None of that other stuff is really ESSENTIAL. Maybe the external storage if you go all digital. Either way, external drives are still cheap as hell - so you'll be find down the road.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.