Cloudberry Kingdom - Trailer

#1 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

Cloudberry Kingdom is coming to Nintendo's Wii U eShop this November. This download only game features, "Billions of levels", according to the developers Pwnee Studios. Apparently the game keeps tracks of how well you're performing and procedurally generates new level structures, resulting in some tricky platforming action.. It think it looks neat, definitely a good download option around launch.

#2 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Definitely looks interesting to me. Will keep an eye on it regardless when or if I get the Wii U a little after release.

#3 Posted by Hunter5024 (5612 posts) -

Cloudberry is the name of my pet unicorn <3

#4 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

I can't help but think they missed a chance to tie-in with the Smurfs.

#5 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

The voice actors for the game have been confirmed:

- Kevin Sorbo as Bob, the hero of Cloudberry Kingdom (played Hercules in cheap TV series)

- Sam Sorbo as Cloudberry Kingdom's princess

- Martin Olson as King Kobbler in Cloudberry Kingdom

"It is a personal mantra of mine to never follow the system. So while I learned what the preferred submission process was, I decided to take a more punishing, masochistic route and chopped my way through the maze of transfers and voicemails. To be fair, Nintendo was one of the easiest companies to navigate, though it probably would have been easier to just fill out the form.
Nintendo has been very proactive at making sure we had everything we need, most times reaching out to me without my requesting it to update me on news and developments."

- Director of Business Development Michael Suswal

#6 Posted by Snail (8594 posts) -

That looks insanely hard from the trailer, probably too hard for me to have fun with it.

Though that might be some Breaking Brad potential right there.

#7 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@Snail said:

That looks insanely hard from the trailer, probably too hard for me to have fun with it.

Though that might be some Breaking Brad potential right there.

I can see that.

Amazingly, Ubisoft have yet another game under their belt for Wii U...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.