Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Did any Canadians get the $190 Wii U deluxe Mario deal?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Just out of curiousity. I think it started on the 2nd and ended on the 3rd. That's crazy. Not sure how long it'll be until or if the Wii U ever gets that big of a price cut (with all current features intact). Some people are somehow price matching it to this day though.

Out of all 3 "newer" consoles, the Wii U makes the most sense for now since it has games.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

The WiiU is just too expensive at $299.99, only $100 less than the PS4. The WiiU needs a price drop to at least $199 before I'll consider buying one.

Also I'm in Canada and I haven't heard or seen this at all.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The WiiU is just too expensive at $299.99, only $100 less than the PS4. The WiiU needs a price drop to at least $199 before I'll consider buying one.

I think it was exclusive to the Superstore.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@aegon said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

I think it was exclusive to the Superstore.

When you say the Superstore the two things that pop into my head are Wal-Mart and Costco. If there is a store called The Superstore I don't believe we have those in Canada.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Nope, and that's about the price I'd pay for a Wii U. Oh well, it'll get cheap eventually.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ducksworth

I think the deal was only in the west since the only people I've seen grab that deal are from B.C. and I didn't see it happening in Ontario. I hope it didn't happen in Ontario since I bought a Wii U from Futureshop at $299 + free $50 gift card.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the deal was only in the west since the only people I've seen grab that deal are from B.C. and I didn't see it happening in Ontario. I hope it didn't happen in Ontario since I bought a Wii U from Futureshop at $299 + free $50 gift card.

Im also in Ontario and I've heard nothing

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I inadvertently took advantage of that sale. I bought the Mario & Luigi Deluxe Wii U bundle from Superstore a week or so ago for ~$229.99 (save $50 + double the GST, I think? Something like that). A few days later, they price-matched it to $189.99 and I was able to price-adjust it to that amount.

Where did the $189.99 sale come from though? That's a fantastic price for the system.

As for the Wii U itself - I'm very happy with my purchase. SMBU is a lot of fun and the Miiverse is a social feature that I don't actively hate (which probably makes it my favourite social feature of them all). Sub-screen gaming is a neat feature, though it isn't as perfect as I had hoped. I'll probably get a game or two if there's a good Christmas sale; I have a sick fascination with ACIV: Black Flag and a wonderful infatuation with W101.

The day I went out to buy the system I narrowed down my purchase location to Futureshop or Superstore, Wind Waker bundle or SMBU bundle. Fortunately, the price-match vindicated my decision. I'm not from Eastern Canada, so maybe it happened as you said.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does the PS4 have to do with anything?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

@hunkulese said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

I'm just saying a platform with vastly superior hardware is only $100 dollars more than the WiiU. I'm just saying software aside, I personally can't justify paying $299 when I can get a PS4 for a hundred more. I'm getting older and although I still do and will always love Nintendo, 300 dollars for Mario and Zelda is something I can't do.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

I'm just saying a platform with vastly superior hardware is only $100 dollars more than the WiiU. I'm just saying software aside, I personally can't justify paying $299 when I can get a PS4 for a hundred more. I'm getting older and although I still do and will always love Nintendo, 300 dollars for Mario and Zelda is something I can't do.

So what you're saying is... the PS4 has nothing to do with anything and you just brought it up because you feel compelled to justify your purchase? Unfortunate, but understandable.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xalienxgreyx said:

@hunkulese said:

@xalienxgreyx said:

So what you're saying is... the PS4 has nothing to do with anything and you just brought it up because you feel compelled to justify your purchase? Unfortunate, but understandable.

No I'm saying that Nintendo should drop the price of the WiiU, and if they were to do that I would go buy one. I just used the PS4 as it's the closest in price for comparison.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would totally buy a Wii U for $190, nothing more than $200.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aegon

@colourful_hippie said:

I would totally buy a Wii U for $190, nothing more than $200.

Just got it for $210 plus taxes (zelda edition).

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon: I'll let that slide if it's just taxes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.