Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Don't Forget About Digital Deluxe Promotion

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This might be a ridiculous post, but I thought I might point something out. One of the perks of getting a deluxe Wii U is their digital deluxe promotion where you basically get 10% back on all digital purchase. I forgot all about it until I saw an ad last night online and I logged on to their http://ddp.nintendo.com site. I had 30 dollars waiting there for me from the past year.

How it works is you get points per purchase and every 500 points you get 5 dollars of eshop credit. So if you bought Zelda HD for $50 you would get 500 points or if you bought Super Mario Bros 2 for 5 bucks you would get 50 points. I know this is random but I had forgotten the whole damn thing and I thought I might remind folks.

Artikay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive recently turned in my total $25 credit, but cant seem to figure out how to claim the free game for buying MK8.

I got it offthe eshop but still seems to say im eligable.

FrankNelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artikay: I believe you have to register it at club nintendo. It being Mario Kart 8. If you got it digitally it might be there for you to claim it.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By DarthOrange

This really doesn't get enough attention. The free game that came with Mario Kart 8 giving you $5 back was great.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Yup I didn't realize that I had $20 in eshop credit until someone pointed out that I should check this out.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Thanks for the heads up! I had $5 waiting from the free game. Honestly I never would have remembered to check if it wasn't for this thread.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Oh haha... I didn't even know about this...

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

Thanks! I knew this promotion was a thing, but I didn't know how it worked. I went to the site and earned $5 in eShop credit. And my sister earned 98$ an hour from the site. It's totally legit.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

Thanks! I knew this promotion was a thing, but I didn't know how it worked. I went to the site and earned $5 in eShop credit. And my sister earned 98$ an hour from the site. It's totally legit.

That is amazing! By any chance does she know where I can stream the latest FIFA World Cup matches online for free?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Does this count for any of the deluxe bundles? I was thinking of getting the Mario Kart 8 bundle which I know as the free game bundle but I'm curious to know.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it is like Nintendo's strange permanent poor man's version of Playstation Plus?

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scampbell: Not really. If you bought the more expensive model of the Wii U (32GB) it's automatically active. I can only assume the various bundles include it as well.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machofantastico: I bought the Wind Waker HD bundle and I was eligible for this promotion. In fact, that game showed up and gave me points for it. :)

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

@wchigo said:

@machofantastico: I bought the Wind Waker HD bundle and I was eligible for this promotion. In fact, that game showed up and gave me points for it. :)

Awesome, thanks. I was interested to know if they were included. I wonder if the free game counts for points to in that promotion.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scampbell
    Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@corvak: But it is permanent?

Nope. Points earning ends December 31st 2014, Activation Codes must be redeemed by June 30th 2015.

Avatar image for respiteforthelovelorn
    RespitefortheLovelorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks!You rock.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scampbell

@vextroid said:

@scampbell said:

@corvak: But it is permanent?

Nope. Points earning ends December 31st 2014, Activation Codes must be redeemed by June 30th 2015.

Well, I guess I don't really regret getting a used Wii U basic then, since I've already saved more money, than I would have been able to earn though the Deluxe Digital Promotion. Besides, money in the bank is better than money locked in some eShop ;)

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wchigo

@machofantastico: I knew of this promotion, but I didn't actually know where to check for my points until this thread. The three games that I received points from were Wind Waker HD (came with my Wii U bundle), Mario Kart 8 purchased through the Nintendo e-Shop and Pikmin 3 (which I chose as my free game from the Mario Kart 8 promo).

So yeah, I can confirm that the free game from the MK8 promo does indeed get you points.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just did this. The process is strange.

You have to have an eShop "purchase" (which I think is any download - regardless of price) and then wait 24 hours before logging into the website.

I just did this with the MK8/Free eShop Download - ended up getting a $5 coupon instantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.