Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

GameStop: Pro Controller's Power Lasts 80hrs on a Single Charge

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

According to GameStop, the Pro Controller's power lasts for 80hrs on a full charge.

No Caption Provided
    "Your games, your way. However you think of your gaming style - hardcore, old school, or purely nostalgic - the Wii U Pro Controller puts you in the game. Designed for accessibility and extended gameplay comfort, the Wii U Pro Controller features the dual analog sticks and ergonomic button layout that you've come to expect, as well as a rechargeable battery that can last up to 80 hours on a single charge. The Wii U Pro Controller can be used for playing a variety of games - from packaged games at retail to downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop. Look on the back of Wii U game packaging to see which games use the Wii U Pro Controller. Not compatible with the Wii system or games."
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Holy shit, this is like the ebook of gamepads.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

That's pretty awesome. I really love the look of the wii u and those controllers.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

That's cool. It's kinda disappointing that I can't use it to play any of the games made for the classic controller on the Wii, like Xenoblade, but still, nothing to scoff at. Battery life hasn't really been an issue for me in the past, though. I've got two Dualshocks 3s, I use one, and when it's empty, I swap it for the other one on the charger.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Pro Controller's Power Lasts 80hrs on a Single Charge != [...]can last up to 80 hours on a single charge.

Because accuracy is important.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

@Ravenlight said:

Pro Controller's Power Lasts 80hrs on a Single Charge != [...]can last up to 80 hours on a single charge.

Because accuracy is important.

Seriously? Even if it is anywhere close to 80 hours - even if it last for 30 hours less than that - it's still a huge step up from the battery life of most controllers.

CommanderZx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CommanderZx2

My wireless mouse has lasted months if not years on a single set of batteries... pretty epic right?

Anyway I'm more concerned about how long the Wii U controller battery will last, you know the one with the screen.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

@laserbolts said:

That's pretty awesome. I really love the look of the wii u and those controllers.

I feels great, designed for that kind of long playtime, it's light and the ergonomics are perfect. I loved the dual analogues being in alignment horizontally, I think it improves hand-eye coordination, partly because you don't lose that physical reference point when you have both thumbs on and your palm resting perfectly balanced on the sides of the controller. On a 360 pad I often find I need to shift my right thumb into the centre of the stick, it shifts out due to the way you have to cock your thumb a little, I don't think that will happen with this pad, ther' little room for that shifting to take place.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@rebgav said:

I wonder if they actually mean that it retains a full charge for that length of time, as opposed to lasting that long under constant use.

I'd imagine that it's the former. Because "up to 80 hours" is much more exciting marketing-speak than "around six hours under constant use."

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PillClinton

Love that d-pad. Screw them for hoarding it like they do.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@TooWalrus said:

That's cool. It's kinda disappointing that I can't use it to play any of the games made for the classic controller on the Wii, like Xenoblade, but still, nothing to scoff at. Battery life hasn't really been an issue for me in the past, though. I've got two Dualshocks 3s, I use one, and when it's empty, I swap it for the other one on the charger.

Why? Do the Wii games require you don't use this controller?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By toowalrus
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TooWalrus said:

Well the last sentence in the description in the OP says "Not compatible with the Wii system or games."
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@TooWalrus said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TooWalrus said:

Well the last sentence in the description in the OP says "Not compatible with the Wii system or games."

I took that to mean it won't work on a Wii, not that it won't work with Wii games on a Wii U, but perhaps you have a point. To me that seems like a disclaimer meant for moms saying HEY THIS IS FOR THAT NEW THING, NOT THE OLD THING YOU ALREADY HAVE.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By toowalrus
    @Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TooWalrus said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@TooWalrus said:

I took that to mean it won't work on a Wii, not that it won't work with Wii games on a Wii U, but perhaps you have a point. To me that seems like a disclaimer meant for moms saying HEY THIS IS FOR THAT NEW THING, NOT THE OLD THING YOU ALREADY HAVE.

Hopefully that's what it means, it's definitely possible, but I just took it at face value. "Not compatible with Wii system or games."
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RE_Player1

Is there rumble?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it's nice the controller has nice battery life. Now about the 3DS...

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Nintendo should have stuck a few of these batteries in the GamePad.... GamePad+

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By laserbolts

I can't imagine that time is for the controller while it's not in use. I mean I can charge my 360 controller and not touch it for months and it will still be charged.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Silver-Streak

@Rolyatkcinmai: From what I understand, to play Wii games or Virtual Console games, you have to boot into "Wii mode" Which only recognizes Wii accessories.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.