Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Has anyone bought a refurbished Wii U on the Nintendo Store?

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Substance_D

I was thinking about buying a refurbished Wii U on the Nintendo Store. I'm just a little worried that the console I end up with might have scratches on the Game Pad screen or something like that. Has anyone bought one?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Broadly speaking, I've literally never had a problem with a manufacturer refurbished item, including the likes of hard drives - something people tend to be very strictly against. Most recent refurb I bought was a Nexus tablet without a sign of use. It's a decent way of buying electronics.

Can't speak directly to Nintendo Store refurbs, but heck, I bought a used 3DS on ebay years ago and it was generally flawless. With the experiences I've had, I've not been one to shy away from used in order to save some cash, so long as the place I'm buying is reputable. I've faith that Nintendo refurbished is reputable.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I did! Just got mine on Thursday, actually!

My console and gamepad arrived in excellent condition. Not a scratch on either. Hell if they'd thrown them into a new Wii U box and told me it was new I'd probably believe them.

The only thing I'll tell you if you buy one is that the online order thing Nintendo has SUUUCKS. I ordered my Wii U Monday and got it Thursday with "overnight" shipping, and it STILL says my order is processing. (Only other downside is it isn't eligible for Club Nintendo coins, but for that price who cares?)

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hope UK Nintendo do something like this. Would be a tip top way to get me to buy a Wii U.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I did! Just got mine on Thursday, actually!

My console and gamepad arrived in excellent condition. Not a scratch on either. Hell if they'd thrown them into a new Wii U box and told me it was new I'd probably believe them.

Thanks for the info! I might have to get one for Mario Kart 8.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.