Have you preordered the Wii U?

• 82 results
#1 Posted by Hailinel (24429 posts) -

#2 Posted by Hailinel (24429 posts) -

I went ahead and preordered the deluxe bundle of the console today. Knowing how supply works, there's only going to be so many available at launch, so I did what I could to secure one for myself. I also went ahead and preordered a Pro Controller along with New Super Mario Bros. U, Zombi U, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Ninja Gaiden 3. Not all of those games will necessarily be day one releases, but I suspect I'll be satisfied come November 18th. How about the rest of you?

#3 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Ugh, i read "Never forget Nintendo" instead of "Never forgive Nintendo"! But i think my mom will buy this for my sister. It's an itneresting system, and the games they have showed seems pretty cool.

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24429 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

Ugh, i read "Never forget Nintendo" instead of "Never forgive Nintendo"! But i think my mom will buy this for my sister. It's an itneresting system, and the games they have showed seems pretty cool.

Sorry you misread that. I just felt compelled to give the true crazies out there an option that would match their mindset.

#5 Posted by Vonocourt (2127 posts) -

Yep, deluxe one. Probably going to pick up New Super Mario Bros and Darksiders II with it.

#6 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

@Hailinel: I think you should replace one of those with the new Rayman. Origins is a blast to play and Legends shouldn't be any different.

Also, I am very impressed with the Wii U news, and I might pick up one myself, if not at launch, at around the holiday season. I think what will tip me over is a new Kirby game. Come on Sakurai! You know you wanna announce a Kirby game soon!

#7 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Nope, I will wait until next year to decide if I want one or not.

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12425 posts) -

no. i don't have the money to afford a system. a system that i don't have much interest in, at that. maybe some time during its life cycle.

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4423 posts) -

Nope. Don't plan on it any time soon either. I'll admit, Bayonetta 2 is tempting, but 1 game does not make a system seller for me. Drop a new Murasamasa, Metroid, and another game or two and maybe you'll get my attention.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I have yet to hear of Fire Emblem, so of course not :P.

#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

I can wait. Getting a WiiU isn't out of the question with Bayonetta 2 on it, but I know it's stupid to get a console for one game. Sure, I did that with the Vita, but I really, really want that one game. Same with Bayonetta 2.

#12 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I have no interest in the console exclusives or the gimmick, so...no.

#13 Posted by EXTomar (4690 posts) -

As I wrote in the other thread, I got burned too many times with the early adopter promises. I am waiting till there is a game worth playing and then I'll reevaluate if I should get it.

#14 Posted by GunstarRed (5128 posts) -

Nah, I don't have enough interest in the launch games. I assume Rayman is launch, but I need to play origins first. I'm also not the biggest fan of NSMB2 so I doubt that the Wii U game would do all that much for me either. And Y'know... NINTENDO RUINED MY LIFE BECAUSE OF BAYONETTA 2!!!!!

#15 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Nah , the hardware is lacking and the features aren't all that interesting , If I were invested in the launch games maybe I would consider buying one not so much preordering but that's not the case and the whole Bayonetta 2 thing is really crazy how come all the internet went nuts about that? if that were the case SEGA would have make a secuel for it but it was a niche game and probably sold poorly so I don't understand why so many people care, almost as if a lot of those complaning didn't even buy the game not that I'm defending Nintendo a lot of stuff about the Wii U still seems baffling to me.

#16 Posted by oialdood (4 posts) -

Not yet, but I'd like to. I know Nintendo will release some amazing games for it like they do with all their systems, and I hope that they will be able to court third parties into releasing some unique games for the system. I feel like the Wii U is getting a bad rap for both the lack of a leap in graphical quality from current systems, and people remembering all the shit shovelware that came out on Wii, but the Wii had some amazing games that definitely made it worth owning.

#17 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

not yet waiting for more games and seeing how the online is. nintendo's track record with online has been piss poor so they have to proove them selves

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@MikeGosot said:

Sorry you misread that. I just felt compelled to give the true crazies out there an option that would match their mindset.

It's totally okay! Bayonetta 2 will be great, and i want to hear people screaming that the Wii U sucks. I'll laugh a lot.
#19 Posted by Demoskinos (14778 posts) -

Not yet. I'd like to but I'll just end up buying it at work if I do since I get 10% off I also won't have the money at launch but shortly after I might jump in.

#20 Edited by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

Nah, I don't care to preorder anything. I like buying consoles on a whim when there's some games I wanna play. If Nintendo wants to play their little "create fake demand though a lack of supply" game they did with the Wii that's fine but count me the fuck out.

#21 Posted by Hailinel (24429 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Nah, I don't care to preorder anything. I like buying consoles on a whim when there's some games I wanna play. If Nintendo wants to play their little "create fake demand though a lack of supply" game they did with the Wii that's fine but count me the fuck out.

I don't think that was fake, really.

#22 Posted by DarthOrange (3858 posts) -

I want to, but there are still a bunch of games I wanted this year. A definite maybe from me.

#23 Posted by Slag (4269 posts) -

Right now looks like the first Nintendo console ever I won't own.

I'm just not feelin this time.

#24 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Yes, the Deluxe bundle.

#25 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

I don't preorder things, but I'll definitely end up with a Wii U somewhere along the line.

#26 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Nope. It doesn't have anything that's really pulling me, and I'm enjoying my PC and PS3 just fine. I'm actually considering selling off my 360.

#27 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I'm not motivated to get it right away. None of the launch titles interest me.

#28 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I was on the fence but I pre-ordered a new iPod Touch instead. My iPod Touch is the 2007 model and I use it every day so this will be a huge jump for me while the WiiU would only be used for a couple of games and than collect dust for awhile. I'll probably pick one up when the price drops and more games are out or announced.

#29 Posted by Dalai (7020 posts) -

I chose C, but right after I voted, I pre-ordered the damn thing so... I'm a bastard.

If it weren't for New Super Mario Bros. U, I would've waited a few weeks or so.

#30 Posted by bigsmoke77 (788 posts) -

The Standard bundle is the dumbest bundle ever created. Why would you get it over the deluxe? Its seems Nintendo only created it so they can advertise they have a new 300 dollar console.

#31 Posted by Jnal (214 posts) -

I preordered the basic only because my store cut off preorders on the deluxe literally a minute before I preordered. I'm holding out for an extra deluxe when we get them in but I doubt it will happen.

#32 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

D and E

#33 Posted by Hailinel (24429 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

The Standard bundle is the dumbest bundle ever created. Why would you get it over the deluxe? Its seems Nintendo only created it so they can advertise they have a new 300 dollar console.

@Jnal said:

I preordered the basic only because my store cut off preorders on the deluxe literally a minute before I preordered. I'm holding out for an extra deluxe when we get them in but I doubt it will happen.

Seems logical to me.

#34 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

Just waiting for Amazon to put it up since they fulfill orders and don't just give me some line like gamestop does.

#35 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Never Pre-Order.

#36 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -
#37 Posted by Opus (148 posts) -

It's taken a bit of money burnt to realize that preordering or prepaying for anything always has a chance of just blowing up in your face, unless there's a serious incentive that leans you towards it, like a discount or future credit.

I look forward to the feedback from bombers on the forums, but there's no rush for me to be there day and date. Week 1 or week 8, the games will still be there. It's on Nintendo whether I buy it before or after the inevitable 1 year console price drop. There are definitely some good titles on the horizon, but they don't even have quarters of the year assigned just yet.

#38 Posted by Ley_Lines (252 posts) -

Why buy a system when it first comes out? There is a real potential for hardware problems, a lack of games, newer, cheaper versions of the console come out later. Plus after you wait awhile, the games you were sort of interested in, are much cheaper. I can wait at the very least until pikmin 3 comes out. Besides, it's doubt-able that the wiiU will become as hard to find as the wii past the launch.

#39 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I pre-ordered the deluxe. No Wii at the moment, and there were some Wii games I never got around to playing (and already purchased now). So it seems worthwhile. And the tech inside is ancient enough that any on-going issues with hardware quality would be a shock (unless you presume exceptional incompetence and negligence from IBM and AMD).

Really disappointing hardware though, lolresistive touch, etc. It sort of feels like lighting a small pile of money on fire if you already own a x360 or PS3. But eh, should have a few fun games and if it really sucks it will be a good curiosity (like a Saturn).

#40 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
#41 Edited by Opus (148 posts) -

@Cincaid: Oh, shit, first I've seen of this, I read that Amazon ran out of 3DS handhelds but I thought that was a temporary out-of-stock thing.

Amazon is where I go to purchase anything game related in order to avoid a hefty tax and save a little gasoline, bad news. I'll be optimistic and assume it'll be sorted out down the line.

#42 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

Not a chance. There's a couple of games I'm interested in, mainly Lego City and Rayman, but it's not enough to sell me on the console. Too many of the other games are ports and Nintendo themselves don't have any big hitters launching alongside the thing, yet for another fanhacked looking 2D Mario. They couldn't do anything else? How long have we been waiting for another F-Zero?

I'll wait until at least next year. By then there will be more games, it'll be cheaper and we'll know what Microsoft and Sony are doing. I also don't think we'll see Lego, Rayman or Bayonetta stay exclusive for long. Yes, they're being published by Nintendo, but that just means we'll see a "Rayman Legends: Extended edition!" for the PS3 and 360 next year.

#43 Posted by cannonballBAM (602 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

@cannonballBAM said:

Just waiting for Amazon to put it up since they fulfill orders and don't just give me some line like gamestop does.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

That is unfortunate, if Nintendo offered an option to purchase through their site than I would give my money directly. Now I am going to support my local mom/pop game store rather than give my money to gamestop or any other dime a dozen retailer.

#44 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

Assuming they that still haven't given a release date for the european market, not yet, no. I might though. Not quite sure yet. I would like a good 250 price in Europe, but we'll see.

#45 Posted by MEATBALL (3202 posts) -

I'll likely go ahead and pre-order it next pay day. I shouldn't have any trouble putting away $50 a week for it, and failing that I'll be paid on launch day and be able to afford it anyway. If I can save in the meantime, though, it'd just give me that little extra breathing room that is always nice.

I'm a sucker for shiny new things, and I actually like the look of the WiiU, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Rayman Legends and ZombiU (though I'm still a little weary of that last one). It has a new hat!

#46 Posted by muralbat (152 posts) -

I pre ordered the Deluxe ZombiU bundle as it comes with a Pro Controller instead of Nintendo land and as I plan to buy some sports games I'd love to have the Pro Control so my xbox friends and PS3 friends have a level of similarity to their controllers so they can enjoy the Wii U with myself. I'm excited at a lot of the line up! Hoping to have a very satisfying time come Christmas (I pre ordered early in the hope I'll get one in time) but the missus has decided its her present to me and I have to wait. Heart Broken)

With this being my only 'Next' Gen console I plan to get along side my PC im so glad theres a pro controller so other devs are more likely to consider some ports or stand alone versions of their games.

Is it only me that would love to see a Skyrim GOTY or the Fallout games on the Wii U with the tablet being a map/inventory system? Jumping into the clunky menus to look at stuff can get tedious but I'd love the option! I won't hold my breath though

#47 Posted by Elyk247 (366 posts) -

I'm waiting for the price drop. I'm guessing within 6-8 months, the price will go down.

#48 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -
WiiU. WiiUWIIU.

Nah, not really planning on getting a Wii U. I never used my Wii.

#49 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

Oh, wow. People still believe this?

#50 Posted by supercubedude (454 posts) -

No, they're going to have to win my trust that this console is going somewhere and not just falling behind next year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.