Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

i am about to get a wii u and have a couple of questions

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

i have a couple of questions about the virtual console transfer from wii to wii u and google is surprisingly unhelpful.

1. when i transfer my wii virtual console can i pay to copy all of my games to the wii u menu or just the ones available on the wii u eshop
    2. is it still 30P ($1) to do this or was that a limited time thing.
    3. do you still get a code in boxed games to register games or is that something they stopped with the wii u (the Europe stars store hasn't been updated in years so i am surprised they still put them in 3ds games)
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

i have a couple of questions about the virtual console transfer from wii to wii u and google is surprisingly unhelpful.

1. when i transfer my wii virtual console can i pay to copy all of my games to the wii u menu or just the ones available on the wii u eshop
    2. is it still 30P ($1) to do this or was that a limited time thing.
    3. do you still get a code in boxed games to register games or is that something they stopped with the wii u (the Europe stars store hasn't been updated in years so i am surprised they still put them in 3ds games)
    1. The system transfer for Wii Virtual Console titles and save data transfers any VC titles on the hardware, as wel as Wii game save data, along with your purchase history. All data transferred is moved to the Wii U's "Wii mode" menu. As VC games you own become available on Wii U, you can buy the Wii U versions of that software for a significantly reduced cost.
    2. As noted above, yes, there is still a $1 cost associated with buying the Wii U version of VC titles you own on the Wii.
    3. I don't know what they do in Europe, but yes, in North America, Nintendo titles are packaged with Club Nintendo vouchers used to register the software to your Club Nintendo account.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@hailinel: thanks for your response, shame i cant play everything from the wii u menu but i guess they will eventually get around to adding n64 and master system games

hakooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By hakooon

They will no doubt add support for more VC-goodness later on. N64 probably isn't that far away, and I've also heard some rumors about Gamecube-support! It's basically free money for Nintendo!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.