I think the Wii U is great!

• 52 results
#1 Posted by hakooon (98 posts) -

As the title says, I think the Wii U is a great console! I'm wondering why so many seems to love hating the Wii U. I know that the Wii U has it's share of faults, but do those faults warrant the amount of hate it's getting?

As I see it, the biggest drawbacks of the system are:

• It's not being marketed correctly. It's a next gen console, but comes off as a "Wii expansion" to casual gamers. Just today I overheard a woman in the store, planning to buy a console for her son. She was talking to her friend, discussing what console to get. She eventually decided on the PS3, because according to her friend, the Wii has bad graphics and is outdated. The Wii U didn't even come up during the conversation.
  • It's losing third party support because it's costly for companies to rewrite their games for the Wii U's architecture, and it doesn't have the player base to justify that cost yet.
  • For some reason, Nintendo still hasn't made a persistent account-service yet. I'm not going to buy games on the e-shop if I risk losing them if something happens to my console.
  • Nintendo is being way too slow in releasing their core franchises, and should've had more of them ready at launch.

Some other complaints that other people have:

• The graphics suck. Well, I don't really agree with that. The Wii U can sport some pretty great graphics if games are developed for the system instead of just ported over. Just take a look at Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World or "X". Additionally, if graphics are are your main concern, the only real option is a gaming PC.
  • It's not a "next gen" system. This is probably the most stupid complaint. Of course it's a next gen system, it's the successor to the Wii, Nintendo's last gen system. Many people only use the term to refer to next generation graphics. In that regard I'd say none of the new consoles satisfy that claim. It's just stupid to focus strictly on graphics on consoles that feature mostly 720p, with select games managing 1080p.
  • It doesn't have achievements/trophies. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. For the last 4 years I have been hunting trophies on the PS3. I enjoy getting rewarded for playing games, even though I know that the rewards mean nothing. At least I think I do. After playing the Wii U for a while, I actually don't miss the trophies. No more getting a pop-up trophy every time I complete a mission in a game. Now, if I feel I've accomplished something, I'll simply press the Home-button to take a screenshot, hop into Miiverse and post it there for my friends and everyone else to see. It's so much more personal than regular trophies! Trophies can be a double-edged sword. I started out loving Tekken Tag 2, but I honestly hated it by the time I was done getting all the trophies. All for a stupid Platinum-trophy that even my friends will never notice.

So, here's my favorite part: what I love about the Wii U:

• The games! Oh my god, it's been a long time since I've had so much fun playing games! Don't get me wrong, I love me some Uncharted, God of War and Red Dead Redemption, but even those games can't compare to the sheer fun that Nintendo manages to squeeze out of seemingly simple concepts. Right now the Wii U has a much stronger library than both the Xbox One and PS4, and favorites like Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros and Donkey Kong are coming soon. With other unconfirmed games like Zelda and Metroid sure to be coming in the near future, it's safe to say that there will be some great games there to sell the system. And when the system starts to sell, it becomes attractive for third party developers, which results in even more great games.
  • The gamepad! Why does everyone think this is just a gimmick? There's a reason why Sony is copying the concept with their PS4+Vita, and Microsoft is going for tablet integration with Xbox. It works! Instead of having menus clutter the TV, they can be easily accessed on the gamepad! If I want to, I can take my game with me to bed before I go to sleep! Also, the gamepad is really comfortable to hold!
  • The internet browser is actually very nice, and allows me to stream Youtube to my TV while browsing other sites at the same time on the gamepad.
  • Local multiplayer. If you want to have some casual fun playing local multiplayer, there is no competition. There's no chance I'll get my girlfriend to play Borderlands with me, but she absolutely loves playing some Wii Sports Club or any Mario-themed game. She's even showing interest in other games now, so you may call it a gateway drug!
  • An exciting/uncertain future. What do I mean by that? Well, right now it's clear that Nintendo needs to do something big to save their home console. They have taken one step in the right direction by linking e-shop purchases on the Wii U and 3DS. They are also working on a new IP, which is always exciting when talking about Nintendo. The Wii U's future is pretty much uncertain though, and that makes it exciting. Things will happen on the Wii U-front, and the console can only get better!

My original plan was to buy a PS4 at launch, but I got bored and bought the Wii U strictly out of morbid curiosity. Now, I wholeheartedly think that the Wii U is a great console, and it will probably be my main console this generation. My thirst for a "next gen" console has been quenched, and I won't be getting a PS4 before a price drop and Uncharted 4.

Thank you for reading my wall of thoughts! :)

#2 Posted by Doskias (317 posts) -

I've had my Wii U since a few days after launch, and overall I'm enjoying the experience. It's a real shame that it's not performing better, sales-wise, because I would've loved to see more third party games built with the WiiU in mind. ZombiU, in particular, was a heck of a fine game, and I'm sad to know that we're not gonna get many (if any) more like it from any other third party. So it's probably going to be, for me, what the Wii and the GameCube and the N64 were - the thing I play Nintendo games on. And that's fine with me, because I've always been lucky enough to be able to afford to have at least one other console at home. I have a 360 and a PS3 now, and I'm really, really taking a long hard look at potential PS4 purchase pretty soon.

Also, it's just refreshing to see someone be positive about the WiiU. Good on you for that.

#3 Edited by Liquidus (942 posts) -

Considering the Wii U is the new home of Platinum's games, yes, the Wii U is great. I bought the damn thing because of Platinum, oh and Wind Waker HD looked fantastic...and Super Mario 3D World looks really good...and ZombiU seems really cool...and I'm excited for the new Smash Bros. Man, the Wii U is great, fuck the haters.

#4 Posted by Vuud (2035 posts) -

I plan on getting a console in the near future, and it's a Wii U. I love my 3DS and the Wii U looks like a great complement to that. And I've always liked Nintendo. The other consoles, meh. I've got a good PC that outshines other consoles in every way.

#5 Edited by hakooon (98 posts) -

Good to see some other positive thoughts on the Wii U! :)

I've been playing Lego City Undercover lately, and I'm having a blast. So many funny references to movies and pop-culture, that's clearly aimed at an older audience but still retaining that charming and wacky Lego-humor! Also I've been playing some Arkham City since I got it for cheap, which is weird, since I've had the game for about a year on my fairly powerful gaming PC, but never really bothered to play. For some reason I'd rather play a clearly inferior version on the Wii U! :P

#6 Posted by MEATBALL (3468 posts) -

I love my WiiU, I've spent more than enough enjoyable time with it to feel happy to have bought it on launch between ZombiU, NSMBU/L, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Earthbound, WindWaker HD, Wonderful 101 (so fucking underrated by reviews :( ) and Rayman Legends (and that's not even to name everything I've spent time enjoying on the system). Nintendo are always going to be that Nintendo Elephant, but the positives outweigh the negatives for me. Can't fucking wait for Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

#7 Edited by yakov456 (1923 posts) -

I have a WiiU and there is only one thing that keeps me from using it, game selection. Looking forward to ending this dead period with Mario. Also, I really dislike the store.

#8 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

For $250 I would consider picking one up before getting a PS4 so I'm ok waiting longer, hopefully by then there will be more games worth playing. 3D World is the first and only Wii U game I've seen that actually makes me want to play it instead of it being something "neat" to play if I already owned the system.

#9 Edited by TruthTellah (9468 posts) -

I have enjoyed playing with it a few times. Now that it's getting more quality games, I feel like I may eventually pick one up. :)

#10 Edited by GunstarRed (5448 posts) -

Me too. (I wrote this using the Wii U pad.)

#11 Posted by forteexe21 (488 posts) -

Nintendo should definitely learn to market their stuff.

#12 Edited by Youbeatme67 (4 posts) -

I love the WiiU find that it will probably have lots of great first party games. The only problem I have is that I don't know if it will influence third party games to be optimized for the system. That's really the only reason I'm holding back from buying it.

#13 Posted by big_jon (5782 posts) -

I like it but it's because of the games and the charm, the console itself it not up to par.

#14 Edited by crithon (3441 posts) -

Man I want a Wii U so bad. The 3ds is just charming experience.

#15 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@big_jon said:

I like it but it's because of the games and the charm, the console itself it not up to par.

Super awesome hardware for super awesome graphics isn't everything.

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

I've had the Wii U since launch and I enjoy it.

#17 Posted by NFLD (28 posts) -

It's great to see someone else posting about how much they love there Wii U. The Os I think is superior to the 360 and PS3 which I have. I skipped over the Wii so I have all the warm fuzzy Virtual Console games to look forward to. There are already some great games available and even better ones on the way. But most importantly the gamepad is just full of possibilities. Stay positive.

#18 Posted by Aegon (5821 posts) -

@meatball: Bosman's depiction of Nintendo is pretty accurate. I enjoy his show as well.

#19 Posted by TheHT (11768 posts) -

It's getting there!

#20 Posted by mina_mina752 (121 posts) -

this console is as good as dead when ps4/xbone step into the market...not even big exclusives like bayonetta 2 is going to save it

#21 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@mina_mina752: Look at this troll. Take your console war talk somewhere else.

#22 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1926 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@big_jon said:

You're of course correct, but the fact that Nintendo once again decided to make a system far less powerful than the competition means that if you want to play all the big upcoming multiplatform games you need to own another console or a gaming PC. Just look at the game of the generation bracket, a vast majority of those games were multiplatform titles and were not on the Wii, and that will once again be the case with the Wii U.

For the types of people that spend time in video game forums, owning multiple console is kind of expected, but for those single console homes the Wii U is not going to be acceptable.

#23 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@big_jon said:

You're of course correct, but the fact that Nintendo once again decided to make a system far less powerful than the competition means that if you want to play all the big upcoming multiplatform games you need to own another console or a gaming PC. Just look at the game of the generation bracket, a vast majority of those games were multiplatform titles and were not on the Wii, and that will once again be the case with the Wii U.

For the types of people that spend time in video game forums, owning multiple console is kind of expected, but for those single console homes the Wii U is not going to be acceptable.

Not necessarily. For some out there, they'll see the price, they'll see Mario, and they think, "Yeah, I'll go with that one."

There's only so far that the graphics arms race can carry a console. Nintendo chose to do something different (again) to distinguish the Wii U from two consoles from manufacturers whose efforts are growing increasingly homogenized with each generation.

#24 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1926 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@hailinel said:

@big_jon said:

Not necessarily. For some out there, they'll see the price, they'll see Mario, and they think, "Yeah, I'll go with that one."

There's only so far that the graphics arms race can carry a console. Nintendo chose to do something different (again) to distinguish the Wii U from two consoles from manufacturers whose efforts are growing increasingly homogenized with each generation.

That decision may result in some great Nintendo games, which is what most of us want from Nintendo, but we are still going to need another system to play things like Destiny, Dragon Age, and other major upcoming multiplatform games. Are you trying to say the Wii U is a viable primary console when it gets, at best, 8-10 big games a year while the other systems and PC are getting dozens?

#25 Edited by DarthOrange (3890 posts) -

Welcome to the club. :)

@hakooon said:
So, here's my favorite part: what I love about the Wii U:
  • The games! Oh my god, it's been a long time since I've had so much fun playing games! Don't get me wrong, I love me some Uncharted, God of War and Red Dead Redemption, but even those games can't compare to the sheer fun that Nintendo manages to squeeze out of seemingly simple concepts.

This also happened to me. There is something really magical about it. It reminded me why I love video games.

#26 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@hailinel said:

@big_jon said:

That decision may result in some great Nintendo games, which is what most of us want from Nintendo, but we are still going to need another system to play things like Destiny, Dragon Age, and other major upcoming multiplatform games. Are you trying to say the Wii U is a viable primary console when it gets, at best, 8-10 big games a year while the other systems and PC are getting dozens?

Of course the Wii U would benefit from more third party content. That content doesn't necessarily need to be just more ports of multiplatform content, though. And look at how third parties that have tried have treated the Wii U. EA ported Mass Effect 3, the third game in a trilogy that had never to that point been on a NIntendo console, and then got pouty when it didn't sell gangbusters. Ubisoft scrapped Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive, ported it to other platforms, and then released it at a worse time of year where it bombed on everything. The Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution also began as a Wii U exclusive only to get ported to other platforms, and also released as a logjam of a time on the release calendar. The DLC schedule for the Wii U version of Injustice is embarrassing (lengthy, unexplained delays), and the Wii U version doesn't feature all of the multiplayer modes or iOS compatibility of the other versions. Even when the console has been on even ground, third parties have been complete fucking dumbasses when it comes to putting their games on the platform, either by basic game selection, lackluster support post-release, or mismanaging what was at one point exclusive content. Then they turn around and say, well, the Wii U audience didn't want these games when they should be looking in the mirror.

#27 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm gonna buy one within the month. There's enough games now to warrant a purchase.

#28 Edited by hollitz (1611 posts) -

If I bought one, I'd like it too.

The Wii was a big miss for me because of the controller. I'm down for a Nintendo platform with a more sensible control setup. But 300 bucks is just a little too high of an asking price when the ps4 is 400. When that badboy drops to 200, I'll snatch one up immediately.

#29 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@big_jon said:

I could say that of the "real" consoles, since my PC is much better than them, both in terms of hardware and performance. The Wii U is enough for what it sets to do. If you really wanted the absolute maximum performance and the absolute best hardware, you'd go the PC route.

#30 Edited by Scampbell (499 posts) -

I had preordered a PS4 and instead I've build a cheap gaming PC and acquired a second hand Wii U Basic. I feel pretty good about it as I'm if had to choose one now, it might actually be the Xbox One. While the PS4 might be better suited for gaming, nothing else about is really enticing. Both systems are basically sporting tablet power CPUs, not sure how that could end up effecting their performance in the future, though as they are getting increasingly close to being PCs and expected to perform more and more of its functions, I think it could become a problem. When it comes to performance vs cost, the PC could easily and quickly end up being the objectively better choice, especially considering how easy porting games might end up being this generation.

The Xbox at least feels more next gen with its superb multimedia functionality, the PS4 apparently doesn't even use SATA III, which limits the gains of using an SSD considerable. Also, being able to connect a Wii U to the Xbox sounds awesome.

Though ultimately, you should buy a console for its games. I haven't owned any Nintendo system since the first Gameboy and only recently acquired a 3DS XL to play the Zero Escape games but ended up playing a lot of the classic Nintendo games I had missed out on too (recently completed Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time and I'm now going through Oracle of Seasons and Ages). Playing on such a small screen though, just isn't the same and with the re-release of Wind Waker and the fact that the Wii U just haven't been popular made acquiring one cheaply, a no-brainer. I went with the Basic version as black is boring and the storage would have to be solved with an external HDD in any case. Still, Nintendo's not wanting to be part of the race to the bottom strategy or whatever it is, can be be kinda frustrating when you like me, doesn't want to listen to the disc buzzing away while you are playing. Meaning you want it digitally. I got friends who aren't really veteran gamers, and being able to play Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, seems like an awesome way to include them in one of my favorite pastimes.

I'm obviously looking forward to playing A link Between Worlds, though I might have to acquire another Nintendo peripheral first, as I still haven't played A link to the Past, (sue me). I would have thought it would be a nice way to promote A link Between Worlds to release A link to the Past on the Wii U Virtual Console before its launch and maybe sell a few Wii Us'. Which is a place I feel Nintendo is neglecting. Someone really need to make some kind of clever emulator to make their legacy available ASAP, though that is probably not as easy as it sounds and Nintendo isn't the only one to neglect this area of course.

I actually posted this on Patrick's Super Mario 3D World Review but it fits this topic a lot better.

#31 Posted by hakooon (98 posts) -
@hollitz said:

If I bought one, I'd like it too.

The Wii was a big miss for me because of the controller. I'm down for a Nintendo platform with a more sensible control setup.

I totally agree about the controller! I bought the Wii several times because of some really great games, but ended up selling it again because of the awful controllers. I don't really want to sit on my couch and wiggle the Wiimote around, and it's equally awful when turning it on the side and using it in the traditional way. I was extremely happy when I first tried the gamepad, and felt how good it fits my hands. Also, the Pro controller is a great alternative!

this console is as good as dead when ps4/xbone step into the market...not even big exclusives like bayonetta 2 is going to save it

I disagree. Firstly, the PS4 has already stepped into the market, but there really is no incentive to buy it yet, and the Xbox One seems to be no different. I'm not spending $400 - $500 on a system to play Killzone or Knack. Ofcourse there are plenty of reasons to buy those consoles down the road, like exclusive games, but that's equally as correct about the Wii U! You are probably right, Bayonetta 2 is not a system seller, but it's probably going to be a must buy for everyone else who will get the console for the BIGGER exclusives like Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Zelda, X, Monster Hunter, etc.

Once the dust settles, and people realize that slightly better graphics doesn't necessarily mean better games, people will see what the Wii U has to offer, and buy it.

#32 Edited by JBG4 (433 posts) -

I love it... It's something different but almost comforting to turn to when I want an awesome experience.

#33 Posted by Poonz (140 posts) -

I just got one for Christmas Super Mario 3D World is amazing. Wind Waker HD is next.

#34 Posted by Quantris (340 posts) -
@hakooon said:

They are also working on a new IP, which is always exciting when talking about Nintendo.

Ok, curiosity piqued. What are you talking about here?

#35 Edited by Dixavd (1369 posts) -

I think it's pretty cool as well. I got it for Christmas and am loving being able to play Pikmin 3 on headphones lying down while the TV is being used for a film or something. Speaking of Pikmin 3, doesn't that game look amazing? As I said in my GOTY list, the characters look like bubble-gum on a world made of cake-icing.

Also, I think the controller feels real nice. I haven't used one of the new console's controllers so maybe they are magical in ways I can't comprehend, but the way it feels in my hands is a god-send.

#36 Edited by Icemael (6363 posts) -

I've got one on the way along with copies Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101. Should have it in a week or two. I'm certain I'll get more enjoyment out of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One in the long run, but the Wii U has a way more appealing library at the moment, and it'll take at least a year (wouldn't be surprised if it takes two) for that to change.

#37 Edited by LucidDreams117 (422 posts) -

Me too!

That being said...

I don't hate the Wii U. I also don't love it and I also think Nintendo is doing that console such a disservice. From the shitty marketing, the confusion with the name, and just the lack of games that don't justify owning one.

To clarify, I don't have one. I only just recently really played the thing. Christmas eve with friends and family showed what that console and more specifically, the gamepad, do that make games so fun. Here's the thing though. Out of all the games we played, Nintendo Land is the big one. The one that I had the most fun with. I rarely laugh that hard. I get it! Yes, Nintendo was on to something with this tablet controller. It makes sense. Everyone in the room when they realized, "the ghost is only visible on the gamepad. That's so cool!" It clicked and like a corny commercial we all got into the game and realized what Nintendo was bringing to the table. No game on Xbox One/PS4 can bring 5 people together like this. It's where Nintendo still excels. They made a console for those who want to have fun with a group of friends all in the same room.

But that game launched with the console... over a year ago. And as good as Mario 3D Land may be, it paled in comparison. I didn't enjoy my time with it at all. Nintendo needs to get their marketing down. My friends mom, even after seeing it all in front of her, still thinks this Wii U is an accessory. A gamepad for the original Wii. Show the world the concept behind Nintendo Land and what fun can be had, and people will get it. We also need more games FOR the Wii U. Not just for the sake of checking off the Nintendo mascots list.

So I don't hate the Wii U, it's great in certain ways but it needs a lot of help to even be considered for a lot of people to buy and have next to their Xbox One/PS4 and not have it gather dust. It's probably the problem. So many people who bought into the hype of the original Wii, have had the thing sitting there, dust covered, with a lack of games, maybe they don't want to venture into it again. And rightfully so.

It's fun. It's unique and only Nintendo can provide the experiences like the fun Mario Kart Wii, which we popped in later that night. But it's only been a year and that console is already drifting off for a lot of people. Xbox One and PS4 are gonna have a lot of games by this time next year. Nintendo needs to help their console like they did their 3DS.

#38 Edited by LiquidPrince (16157 posts) -

I have had my Wii U since launch day and only have two games for it: Mario (which I bought just because I needed something to buy and have barely played five minutes of it) and Zelda, which was the thing the helped me justify the system. It really has no games that interest me outside of Zelda yet. Waiting on Bayonetta 2. Also I still hate Nintendo for their shitty non unified account systems. For reference, I have 3 games on the X1 and 5 on the PS4.

#39 Edited by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

I really like my Wii U too, but I never expected to be playing it more than once every couple months. The only real complaint I have is that some of their digital stuff isn't where it needs to be. The whole graphics thing is a really dumb complaint though, most of the Wii U games I've played look beautiful, and they didn't need more power than the competition to do it. I'll take Graphics - Artistic over Graphics - Technical any day, thank you very much.

#40 Edited by Sergio (2243 posts) -

I got mine a couple of months ago and really like it too. I've played it more than my PS3 in the past month and Xbox 360 in the past year. I cancelled my PS4 pre-order, but will get one once inFamous is out. I'll wait for the Xbox One to have several exclusives that justify picking up that system. I already have 5 Wii U games.

I took it over to a friend's (board) game night this past weekend. His wife's friend is considering picking one up now. In an unusual turn of events, the gamepad has my friend considering picking up a Vita once he gets a PS4 for the similar remote play the Wii U offers.

#41 Posted by KidDynamo04 (28 posts) -

I personally don't feel like Nintendo games are ever as good as people make them out to be, these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nintendo's history and legacy, but even the games they've put out recently that I like feel like they are made for children.

And I don't mean graphics or subject matter, I mean puzzles that outright tell you how to solve them, brain dead combat, and simplistic game designs. I think I got fed up with them when my brother and I were playing Double Dash on the GC, which was FANTASTIC coop, and we beat the entire game in about 3 hours. The entire thing. Everything that could be done in the game, we did. It felt like there needed to be like 2 more difficulty levels above the hardest thing they were offering.

If Nintendo wants my money again, they need to readjust their "games are for everybody" ethos. "Games are for everybody" shouldn't mean "Games are for the lowest common denominator." I'm not even asking for that much. Just add in an option on the options screen for stuff like "killing an enemy in Zelda doesn't give you all your health back in hearts all the time", or "computer assist in mario kart doesn't make it so none of the laps matter but the last one", or "turn off the dialog in Zelda that tells me exactly where to go and exactly what to do".

#42 Posted by Quantris (340 posts) -

@kiddynamo04: Have you tried "hero mode" in a recent Zelda? You'd probably like it. Though you have to restrict yourself from cheaping it out by keeping fairies in bottles. I guess it doesn't unlock until "new game +" though.

And did you beat even the staff ghosts in that three hours (if so, kudos)? FWIW I thought double dash was the weakest in the series (except I never played the GBA mario kart). I think later mario karts introduced the star rating system in which it was somewhat challenging to 3-star all the cups. But yeah, mario kart is definitely more on the easy / luck-based side than I would like too. At least that doesn't matter (as much) when you're playing against human opponents.

Finally, there are very few "mainstream" games that have non-obvious puzzles. Even Portal 2 was disappointing in this regard, basically you just had to look around for any white surface or anywhere with lighting to figure out what to do. I think this is just what happens when you playtest for a wide audience.

#43 Posted by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
@claude said:

I'm gonna buy one within the month. There's enough games now to warrant a purchase.

Did ya get one!?

#44 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@claude said:

Did ya get one!?

I did get one. Got the Wind Waker HD Deluxe Set. Bought Super Mario 3D World too. I finished Wind Waker just recently. I didn't finish it when it first came out. It's good, really good. SM3DW is also fantastic. There's a few games I'm thinking of buying for it. Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3 and maybe Wonderful 101. Oh, and ZombieU. I like the gamepad as well. It's very comfortable. I could play Zelda for a couple of hours and felt no stress.

#45 Edited by Fattony12000 (7558 posts) -
@claude said:

@fattony12000 said:
@claude said:

Did ya get one!?

I did get one. Got the Wind Waker HD Deluxe Set. Bought Super Mario 3D World too. I finished Wind Waker just recently. I didn't finish it when it first came out. It's good, really good. SM3DW is also fantastic. There's a few games I'm thinking of buying for it. Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3 and maybe Wonderful 101. Oh, and ZombieU. I like the gamepad as well. It's very comfortable. I could play Zelda for a couple of hours and felt no stress.

We've got the Wind Waker set too! Along with 3D World and Rayman Origins since Christmas. Gone be good times with good friends.

I really like the gamepad too, it is super comfortable and dat second screen functionality can be quite nifty in many situations.

dat first iteration

#46 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@fattony12000: Haha, I remember seeing pics of that keyboard. Forgotten all about it. Nice!

#47 Edited by GlutenBob (143 posts) -

I think the Wii U is a great console. I just wish Nintendo evolved their games a little more. Just to shake things up like they supposedly did with A Link Between Worlds. I have yet to play Pikmin 3 or the new Mario, only Wind Waker HD. It feels a bit outdated.

#48 Edited by jsnyder82 (763 posts) -

I think it's great, too.

Haven't really used my PS4 much due to lack of games currently. But in the meantime, I'm still playing Super Mario 3D World, and it's definitely in my Top 5 of 2013. Plus Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, and the new NES Remix have all eaten up a lot of my time. I can only imagine how little sleep I'll get once Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropic Freeze comes out.

Plus, I never expected it to become my main media streaming machine, but it has. (Overtaking my PS3, which has been having some weird audio sync issues on Netflix and Hulu lately.) It's nice to be able to watch Netflix or Youtube, and instantly switch from the TV screen to the gamepad for watching.

#49 Posted by TsuHai (109 posts) -

I love my Wii U ! Super Mario 3D World is my GOTY!

The Wii U is a console I can play really good games with my girlfriend. If I want high end graphics and life-eating deep gameplay I can use my comuter!

#50 Posted by Scullinator (514 posts) -

Yay, a positive WiiU thread. I agree, I love my WiiU. To be honest I really wanted to pick up a XBOne or PS4 at launch but having to save up for a wedding, fiance vetoed the purchase. The compromise was picking up a WiiU. Best decision I made all year. Games are cheap (buying used) and we are having so much fun. Played through Mario WiiU co-op and are close to finishing 3D World. I could keep on going about the games im playing and how my girlfriend has found a love for games too but I have already said these things in the countless "WiiU is failing" threads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.