Interface performance: update?

#1 Posted by indieslaw (347 posts) -

When the Wii U was first released, I remember reading a lot about the slow, and generally sluggish performance of the Wii U menu interface. Is this still an issue? Has this been addressed with patches, is it still an issue?

#2 Edited by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

It's a lot faster now compared to launch. Still wish some of the UI was instant though.

#3 Posted by indieslaw (347 posts) -

That's good to hear. I think Mario and Zelda HD are enough to get me to buy this damn thing. How about TVii, did that ever get useful?

#4 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

TVii is still basically useless for me. The UI still struggles from wait times. But, it is far from the mess it was when I got one last November. I strongly recommend picking one up. There are a lot of deals around on them, right now. Gamestop is selling new 8Gb systems with Skylanders and a $25 gift card for $275.

I have an 8Gb system and it works perfectly. I just threw a 500Gb external drive on it that I had laying around.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.