Is the deluxe rewards stuff active out of the box?

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

I know it's a risk to buy big games on Wii U because of its locked account and such but I was still thinking of doing it for the rewards. I'm just curious if this promotion is already active on the system or if there is a code hidden somewhere in the box and I missed it? Thank you for the help!

#2 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

It's not a risk. It is not locked if the Wii U busted or you get a new one or what ever. You can transfer the games over. FFS.

Took a 10 min phone call to find this out. (Unless course the customer service guy at Nintendo was flat out wrong..could happen)

And yes its built into the system. Once it is put online and linked to a account your golden.

#3 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
@Gonmog said:

It's not a risk. It is not locked if the Wii U busted or you get a new one or what ever. You can transfer the games over. FFS.

Took a 10 min phone call to find this out. (Unless course the customer service guy at Nintendo was flat out wrong..could happen)

And yes its built into the system. Once it is put online and linked to a account your golden.

I figured it wouldn't be, its just more of an annoynace. But thank you. I will probably be purchasing games digitally now as it seems like I get 5 dollars for every retail purchase.
#4 Posted by kishinfoulux (2277 posts) -

I believe you don't start actually getting points until December, but purchases made even now are retroactive and will count once the promotion does start.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.