Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

"Leaked" trailer shows WiiU graphics and minorsystem capabilities

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

IGN got their hands on a "leaked" Rayman Legends trailer showing off gameplay, graphics, touch controls, and (Jeff will dig this) Skylanders-esque functionality of the WiiU controller that was previously rumored. Will your favorite Assassin be featured in Rayman Legends? Possibly.

The graphics are comparable to that of a 360 or PS3, but this game is an impressive looking 2D platformer that shouldn't be too hard to render on any current gen HD platform. The touch controls on the WiiU controller in this trailer as minor, but seeing the scanning function is a surprise to me. I don't know if what they've shown is strictly representative of what they have in mind or if it's the real deal because you know how over-the-top these Ubisoft trailers can get.

As a minor note and for those that can't watch the trailer, the footage shows four players: one on the WiiU controller and three on Wiimotes a la New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the touch screen and scanning can be used in other titles.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RazielCuts

They got Skylanders in my Rayman!

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

I am happy to see more Rayman, especially a sequel to Origins. Not too surprising that this exists, Ubi always brings a lot to Nintendo launches, and they have come out saying they want to make more Rayman. Seeing the WiiU version having exclusive content means that it should be coming out on other systems.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Someone made a trailer about the leak

kurtbro900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kurtbro900

Why do we need another thread?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BonOrbitz

@The_Laughing_Man: @kurtbro900: Sorry, y'all. Didn't see the first thread. It happens. Mods?

Sneakybadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Sneakybadger

the back to the future soundtrack was the weirdest thing for me.

and the main controller has an RFID sensor? hmmmm

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.