New Wii U Owner Must Have Games

#1 Edited by ttocs (763 posts) -

Hey guys - just picked up a Wii U after wanting one for a while. I decided on the Limited Edition Wind Waker bundle. The system is a lot of fun but I'm looking to pick up some additional games. What are the absolute must have games on the Wii U right now?

So far I have:

Wind Waker

ZombiU

Pikmin 3

Super Mario 3D World

What others can you think of that I absolutely must pick up and why? And this can include downloadable games too from the eShop as well.

#2 Edited by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Super Luigi U, Wonderful 101, and Earthbound.

Luigi becausr it is balls hard like a platformer should be.

Wonderful 101 because the combat scenarios and abilities are awesome.

Earthbound because it is one of the coolest RPGs I have ever played.

#3 Posted by Maajin (1059 posts) -

Also Rayman Legends.

#4 Posted by ghostyTrickster (290 posts) -

Nintendoland, especially if you have people over a lot. I think it's like 20 bucks now or something. Game and Wario too.

#5 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

Yeah, Rayman Legends is a great call. Game and Wario is pretty short on content. But, that Miiverse sketching stuff in it is pretty awesome.

#6 Edited by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

Monster Hunter!

#7 Posted by ttocs (763 posts) -

Thanks guys. Does Earthbound hold up today?

#9 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (500 posts) -

Monster Hunter is great IF you're into that style of game. If you're not sure then give it a try, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.