Nintendo Direct, January 23, 2013. 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

#1 Edited by DeF (4859 posts) -
NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Jan. 23rd at 11 pm in Japan, covering future Wii U titles from Nintendo.

When does the Japanese presentation start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch it? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/direc...123/index.html

I will be providing live translations here in the OP and on my Twitter feed, @Cheesemeister3k.

NOA has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Jan. 23rd at 9 am EST, simultaneous with NCL, covering future Wii U titles from Nintendo.

When does the NOA stream start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the NOA stream? Right here: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct

NOE has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata tomorrow, Jan. 23rd at 2 pm GMT, simultaneous with NCL, covering future Wii U titles from Nintendo.

When does the NOE stream start in my time zone? Click this link for worldwide times.

Where can I watch the NOE stream? Right here: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nint...ct-698557.html

stolen from neogaf

Safe bet announcements:

Western releases for Google Maps / Wii U Panorama View

New video for Lego City Undercover

The Cave / Runner 2 eShop

Possible things:

New video for The Wonderful 101

First gameplay trailer for Bayonetta 2

Resident Evil Revelations HD

First Aliens: CM Wii U version trailer

Hopefully:

First Pikmin 3 singleplayer details

New eShop games

Monolith Software Wii U prorject (wife of Xenoblade director retweeted the ND date info so ...hype? ^^)

Translation of original tweet:

今回は、通常のダイレクトとは少し趣向を変え、任天堂が今後Wii Uでどのように自社タイトルやサービスを展開していくつもりなのか、ということをお伝えします。

Iwata: "This time, the plan is a bit different from a regular Direct, in that I'll be talking about what kind of Wii U titles and services Nintendo is developing."

---

This basically means they're showing the cards because everyone is crying that we don't know what's coming.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Fuck yeah! I love Iwata. I just want to pinch his cheeks and have him live in my pantry.

#3 Posted by Bishna (334 posts) -

I wonder if they are gonna announce anything new in order maintain mindshare as Sony and Microsoft prepare to unveil their new hardware.

#4 Posted by DeF (4859 posts) -

@Bishna: at least one or two new things we may know exist but haven't see like first Bayonetta 2 footage or first footage of some announced eShop game with slight chances of brand new stuff.

#5 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

It seems like it is going to be one Nintendo Direct that is broadcast at the same time worldwide. Usually they do separate presentations so they can cater the announcements to each region, so if it is indeed one presentation worldwide, announcements should affect a worldwide audience.

#6 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

Hey, 5 minutes of Bayonetta 2 gameplay footage would make me pretty happy.

#7 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Sounds alright. Sounds like it's more Wii U oriented but either way still interesting.

#8 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Wii U could use a few Nintendo Directs...hope they surprise us with something.

#9 Posted by DeF (4859 posts) -

@Joeyoe31 said:

Sounds alright. Sounds like it's more Wii U oriented but either way still interesting.

it's entirely Wii U focused.

#10 Posted by DeF (4859 posts) -

ETA 30 minutes!

#11 Posted by Happenstance (462 posts) -

I thought it was a pretty good stream. Looking forward to quite a few of the games announced and its nice to get a firm confirmation on the Virtual Console for Wii U.

#12 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -

windwaker HD, sure i'll buy it.  and New Xeno game, really excited about that.

#13 Posted by DeF (4859 posts) -

Turned out way way better than I expected.

#14 Posted by Pie (7079 posts) -

Wind waker remake? Awesome.

Taking some good timeout to make new zelda? Good

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.