Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Pro controller or wii controller

jazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jazin

So I'm picking up a Wiiu today and was wondering for my second controller would it be better to pick up a pro controller or a wii controller? Thanks for the help duders

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By EarlessShrimp

It really depends on what you're doing with the 2nd controller... Like, are you going to be playing virtual console games, or are you going to be playing wii games or what? The pro is something you should definitely have down the line, but a wiimote is also necessary.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By JoeyRavn

It depends on what you want to play. I guess that if you're even considering getting a Wiimote + Nunchuck it's because you plan on playing Wii games. If so, get a Wiimote. The Wii U Pro Controller won't offer anything different from the standard Wii U gamepad, except from the 360 gamepad form factor.

Of course, if you just refuse to play with a Wii U gamepad, then get a Pro Controller. But if that's the case, why are you even getting a Wii U? :P

jazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jazin

Forgot to mention that it is so my faience can play games with me. Also gonna pick up some games also any recommendations for that also would be appriciated

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By EarlessShrimp

NSMB U and Chasing Aurora for sure should be on the list. In that case I would just say go with the Wii mote, especially since you can play wii games on there and a wii u special wiimote is still 10 bucks cheaper than a pro controller

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

@jazin said:

Forgot to mention that it is so my faience can play games with me. Also gonna pick up some games also any recommendations for that also would be appriciated

Wii Remote + Nunchuck would be the better choice. I hope you chose right.

The giant bomb wiki has concept pages that I'm trying to keep up to date which say what game supports which additional controllers.

Wii U Pro Controller support

Wii Remote support on Wii U

Wii Nunchuck support on Wii U

Wii Classic Controller support

In case you haven't bought the system yet, they have just announced the ZombiU Limited Deluxe Set which saves you $70 bucks for ZombiU, Nintendo Land and a Pro Controller along with the Deluxe System (which includes the Nintendo Network promotion). Coming Feb 17.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.