Required games to make the Wii U a success?

#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

I was thinking about games that could use the full potential of the new controller that Nintendo would be crazy not to bring to market, and the one that keeps coming to mind is Pokemon Snap 2. You're holding a view screen in your hands, you hold it up to your TV and take pictures of Pokemon, how cool is that? Pretty goddamned cool IMO. I've never really been a fan of Pokemon, but I LOVED the original Pokemon Snap, and would play it constantly when my daughter wasn't playing when it originally came out, and I played it more when it came out on WiiWare.

This would be a great time for Nintendo to bring a sequel to market that would look better and offer a cool, new photography dynamic in the tablet screen as a view screen for framing and clicking off pics.

What games would you like to see for the console that could make use of the tablet in a way that would make it worthwhile to use?

#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm not sure how a tablet controller would benefit, but I just want to see a new F-Zero and Mario Golf.

#3 Edited by Hector (3378 posts) -

It would be cool to have StarFox game with the controller working as a command dashboard, with live video of your squad members for communication purposes for online battles.

#4 Edited by ProfessorEss (7518 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum/City.

Instead of toggling bat-vision on and off, just look through yer WiiU ma-jigger.

#5 Posted by DeeGee (2139 posts) -

Wii U Sports

#6 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Pokemon Snap 2, huh? Never thought of that, but I think it could work well. I'd really love to see something like LA Noire on the console. I think the game could be adapted to the WiiU's features beautifully. Instead of the game writing your journal notes for you, you would have to do it yourself on the controller. You could use the controller to observe areas and evidence better. They'd need to get rid of the audio clues and switch the game to first person. Then during car chases, you can use the whole 360 view component to shoot out the bad guys tires. I think it's full of potential. 

@Hector: Also, I totally support that idea. That would be awesome.

#7 Posted by LiquidPrince (16166 posts) -

What Nintendo will bring is:

Mario

Zelda

Metroid

Kirby

And spinoff's based on those game series.

#8 Posted by thenexus (331 posts) -

But isnt it all a bit tiresome.
I love seeing new Mario's but bar 1st Party even the wii just has nothing of nothing of worth at the end of the day.

#9 Posted by rmanthorp (4054 posts) -

Pacman Versus 2

#10 Posted by solarisdeschain (99 posts) -

Nintendo's exclusives will sell the thing, quality 3rd party support would be the icing on the cake. 

#11 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

Well, I came in here to say Pokemon Snap, so good job being on the ball there, OP. Other than that, Fire Emblem would be pretty rad.

#12 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

If they make a really good Kirby game, I will buy a Wii U. No matter what.

#13 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

No one of you guys have listed a third party game or devs making Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect or the Rockstar.?

Why

#14 Posted by dancingpolkabear (216 posts) -

Pikmin 3
Also it would be pretty cool to see an Earthbound game on the console

#15 Posted by dragonzord (823 posts) -

A Nintendo first party game that doesn't use miis

#16 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

@Claude said:

I'm not sure how a tablet controller would benefit, but I just want to see a new F-Zero and Mario Golf.

Well I think we've seen the potential for Mario Golf when they introduced the Wii U.

I'd just be happy with the idea of the HUD or inventory screen or menu in the screen and nearly all Nintendo franchises can take advantage of that. Basically, if it's been done on the DS, it can be done on the Wii U.

#17 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@DeeGee said:

Wii U Sports

#18 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

Good ones.

#19 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Games other than Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Kirby. Needs Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Grand Theft Auto V, Saints Row 4, etc.

#20 Posted by Hawk456 (133 posts) -

All my current Wii Virtual console purchases/downloads

#21 Edited by mariokart64fan (366 posts) -

we already know 3rd partys working with this thing , --seeing multiple 360 ps3 ports is a good sign of that, of course they will be enhanced

what it will need to do is continue what wii did thats it,

3rd party is the icing on the cake thats already there, so far

nintendo will have to price this thing at 300-350 and release a good game or 2 with it and it will sell , remember its bc with all wii games already so people who never tried wii ,-(not sure who that may be) has a good back log, and some key titles i think besides whats announced would be

1-wave race think about how n64s wave race showed off some very good water effects, you multiply that times ten

2 fzero another graphic hungry game that always shows the power - that would help

3 and a popular name--mario zelda port or not, or push back marioparty 9

from third party i would love to see these

1 saints row the third

2 gta v

3 a new driver

4 nascar

5 wwe -itl come

6 all popular titles for those hd twins should see its sequals on wii u

and to poster who brought up black ops 2, ya we know they will , look at wii , they got all cods except mw 2 and 2

#23 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

good network, nothing less than the competition has to offer.

#24 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Pikmin 3 and Four Swords 3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.