Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes WoW, CS:GO and more

• 53 results
    Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Bribo

No Ridge Racer, therefore fake.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By jakob187

@Jolt92 said:

@jakob187 said:

If WoW did happen on the Wii U, it would definitely push units.

The game runs on every fucking computer available in the world now. Why would anyone want to buy a console to play a game you could play on your old laptop?

Under that same philosophy, why do people play Angry Birds on their Roku box whenever they can play it through Facebook, on their smartphone, and everywhere else in the world?

Here's the reason: there are people that don't play "PC games". If you say "PC games" to them, then they think you mean Farmville. Whether you, me, or anyone else likes it or not, there are a LOT of people out there who are not "gamers", but instead are people that enjoy a game once in a while. However, those people can be brought into the world of gaming by one simple experience. My own mother plays Farmville and all kinds of other dumb Facebook games, but she became a hardcore gamer during the 8-bit and 16-bit era. Unfortunately, she can't handle movement in 3D worlds on video games (and arguably in real life as well, lol). Nonetheless, when I originally got a Wii, she fell in love with it. Why? Well, she was able to finally handle some 3D movement-based games while also playing all of her old favorites from WiiWare.

My brother and I played a ton of World of Warcraft and she always wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, she never could understand PC controls beyond clicking a mouse. It's too many buttons for her. However, if you put all of that onto a controller or even a touch screen, that will all of a sudden make it easier for her and she might actually get into it.

Therefore, it's not about the fact that World of Warcraft can run on any damn computer in existence. It's about the fact that some people just can't handle a keyboard and mouse. That doesn't make them less of gamers. It just means they are wired differently and should be allowed to take part in new experiences.

With Blizzard already making commitments to releasing a version of Diablo III on consoles as well as talks going around that Blizzard has even considered developing WoW for iOS, it's absolutely not out of bounds that Blizzard is interested in putting WoW on Wii U. Given the system requirements of the game, it probably wouldn't be that hard to port over.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By JJOR64

@Bribo said:

No Ridge Racer, therefore fake.

Vita didn't have Ridge Racer (in the US anyways) at launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.