Rumour: Norwegian Retailer Lists Unannounced Wii U Titles

#1 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

A Norwegian online retailer is listing the following titles for Wii U....

http://cdon.no/spill/nintendo_wii_u/kommende/#237569-display=1&237569-page-size=100&237569-sort-order=124&237569-page=1

• Mii Explore (?)
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn 2
  • Endless Ocean
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Street Fighter X Tekken
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance
  • Kingdom Hearts HD
  • Trauma Center
  • Red Steel III
  • Silent Hill: Downpour
  • BGE2
  • Doom 4

Pinch of salt thrown...

#2 Posted by JasonR86 (9715 posts) -

Those all seem very likely.

#3 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 isn't happening. Kirby games usually are experiments for Nintendo and their respective console. Also Kirby games usually aren't announced so early in a consoles life cycle. I doubt it'll be epic yarn 2.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

Ya know, if the Wii U is actually going to be outputting games in 1080p, I might actually pick one up early for Revengeance. I know I'll get one eventually for Bayonetta 2- there's no way I'm going to not play that.

#5 Posted by spankingaddict (2678 posts) -

Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 ! Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 !

#6 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

Kirby's Epic Yarn 2 isn't happening. Kirby games usually are experiments for Nintendo and their respective console. Also Kirby games usually aren't announced so early in a consoles life cycle. I doubt it'll be epic yarn 2.

That was before they launched Kirby's Epic Yarn during Easter and made a shit ton of money, and before they had a controller like this. It's very easy to imagine what could be done to the manipulation of the environment and co'op play, given the Yarn style.

#7 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

These are all pretty reasonable. The only real surprise here is Doom 4, which I would have expected to be targeted at much higher end hardware than the Wii U.

#8 Posted by Brodehouse (9975 posts) -

Finally they're bringing Endless Ocean Red World out in NA

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

There's no way on Doom 4 when we know literally nothing about it other than that it's been "in development" for years.

#10 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

@FreakAche said:

These are all pretty reasonable. The only real surprise here is Doom 4, which I would have expected to be targeted at much higher end hardware than the Wii U.

It's being made for current consoles, the Wii U should be able to handle it with no problems, unless Doom 4's Rage reborn...

Found this on Wiki:

"In addition, Carmack said that Doom 4, with regards to consoles, will run at 30 frame/s for single player and 60 frame/s in multiplayer, stating that "you can't have 30 guys crawling all over you at 60 frames per second at this graphics technology level because it's painful. -- So [in single player] we can have 30 demons crawling all over you on there."
#11 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

@FreakAche said:

It's being made for current consoles, the Wii U should be able to handle it with no problems, unless Doom 4's Rage reborn...

Found this on Wiki:

"In addition, Carmack said that Doom 4, with regards to consoles, will run at 30 frame/s for single player and 60 frame/s in multiplayer, stating that "you can't have 30 guys crawling all over you at 60 frames per second at this graphics technology level because it's painful. -- So [in single player] we can have 30 demons crawling all over you on there."

Oh. Yeah you're right. I didn't realize they were so far along on the game already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.