The Wii 2 won't really have a touch screen in the controller, will it?

#1 Posted by Lokno (386 posts) -


#2 Posted by Lokno (386 posts) -

Duel Screens? That's what they should call it, since your friends will have dueling screens! Get it? Not a typo?

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

If you think this is a bad idea you have obviously never played a Crystal Chronicles game.
 
It is fucking genius.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wait, duel screens? Will the controller try to murder the TV or something?

#5 Posted by Grumbel (910 posts) -

I hope that the screen-in-the-controller rumors are wrong, as I really don't see the point in that. Sure there would be a handful of uses, but it would be gimmicky, trying to duplicate what the 3DS already does and have a lot of short comings (expensive controller, death of motion gaming, bad for third party support, etc.). But at this point absolutely everything we have heard points in that direction and so far nothing indicates that it is all just a missunderstanding and they really mean other stuff by "screen" such as a NGP like back-touchscreen.
 
Only good thing about that screen controller is that it would essentially, if the 6.2" are true, be large enough to be usable as a tablet and I wouldn't mind that. But I really don't see how they can make it good and cheap.

#6 Posted by Deusoma (3005 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
If you think this is a bad idea you have obviously never played a Crystal Chronicles game.  It is fucking genius.
No, Crystal Chronicles 1 (the only one in that series to use the GBA-as-controller concept, by the way) was marketing genius, they did it solely to sell more GBAs and more of the unpopular GBA-to-GCN link cables. On the other hand, true genius is possible if, like the rumours about the new console suggest, the standard controllers that come with the system will have built-in screens, because then the first priority on developers' minds will be how best to use the screens, as opposed to how to sell more tat.
#7 Edited by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
#8 Posted by Lokno (386 posts) -

@MikeGosot: I saw that it was in Andriasang, but is that really confirmation?

#9 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Deusoma said:
@LordXavierBritish said:
If you think this is a bad idea you have obviously never played a Crystal Chronicles game.  It is fucking genius.
No, Crystal Chronicles 1 (the only one in that series to use the GBA-as-controller concept, by the way) was marketing genius, they did it solely to sell more GBAs and more of the unpopular GBA-to-GCN link cables. On the other hand, true genius is possible if, like the rumours about the new console suggest, the standard controllers that come with the system will have built-in screens, because then the first priority on developers' minds will be how best to use the screens, as opposed to how to sell more tat.
Are you trying to say FFCC isn't one of the best GC titles ever, because if so prepare your body to enter into a five page verbal duel of wits in which I will make up the most bull shit arguments ever and you will not be able to escape the carnage that ensues as a result.
 
Also the Wii CC game used DS to Wii, just not in the same way.
#10 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

Dual screens in the sense that the bottom screen is in the controller and the top screen is the tv. What Jeff said on the Bonus Round that everything Nintendo has learnt from the DS they will try to apply to a console. As long as the controller is dual analogue then a built in touch screen I'm okay with.

#11 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I think that's a confirmation.

#12 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

I guess the touch screen controller is pretty much fact at this point unless Nintendo's staff has been fueling false rumors.

#13 Posted by Raineko (433 posts) -

The on-controller screen is probably used to display things like stats, items, maps, menus etc.
It could be done very well. Imagine playing Fallout and you have your Pip Boy in your hand all the time.

#14 Posted by pornstorestiffi (4910 posts) -
@Raineko said:
The on-controller screen is probably used to display things like stats, items, maps, menus etc. It could be done very well. Imagine playing Fallout and you have your Pip Boy in your hand all the time.
Its a cool idea for sure.
#15 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

a few months late to actually speculate on this? it's happening

#16 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I really hope its false, this seems like a really bad idea, but then again I assumed the Wii would be the thing to make Nintendo cease to exsist.

#17 Posted by Bollard (5425 posts) -

I'm pretty sure this has been confirmed already...

#18 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I expect things like this:

#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Remember the GBA/GC link cable? Well imagin thaat but wireless

#20 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

Sega VMU 2012

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.