The Wii U Exxxcitement Poll! (How Hyped Are You?)

• 67 results
#1 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

#2 Posted by Abendlaender (2888 posts) -

Since its a Nintendo system I will buy it at some point, but definitely not at launch. I'll be there as soon as there is a new Metroid or Zelda

#3 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2132 posts) -

I'm voting C myself. I can see great potential in the interaction elements of the system, but I want to wait and see how the games actually implement the new hardware elements before I even consider buying one. That and see what games will come out in the near future.

#4 Posted by Vextroid (1429 posts) -

B.  
I'm really excited for it. Won't get it launch but eventually.  Want some Zelda, Metorid and Marios.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I am more excited about the word "Exxxcitement" in the title than I am about the Wii U.

#6 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Once a Mario game from the galaxy team is out for the wii u, I'm in.

#7 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I'm really excited about MH3U, Bayonetta 2, LCU and maybe ZombiU, but I will not be picking one up immediately because of the horrendous pricing in Sweden and the fact that MH3U isn't out for another 4 months or so. 

I'll buy one around the time MH3U comes out though. 

#8 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

I'm really excited about MH3U, Bayonetta 2, LCU and maybe ZombiU, but I will not be picking one up immediately because of the horrendous pricing in Sweden and the fact that MH3U isn't out for another 4 months or so. I'll buy one around the time MH3U comes out though.

MH3U = Monster Hunter, I'm thinking?

#9 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

My personal excitement in the console is very low, but it'll be fun to see Giant Bomb's stuff on it.

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@RedCricketChase: yep
#11 Posted by believer258 (12185 posts) -

I keep forgetting that it's coming out.

#12 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

The one thing the Wii U seems to have going for it as a console is the ability to do asynchronous multiplayer, which I'd probably only ever have enough people to do at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm going to pass. I can only think of 3 Wii games I've wanted to play this generation, and don't expect much more from the WiiU.

#13 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Relatively. I'm excited for the games to come, along with Bayonetta, Rayman and possibly Zombiu.

I've played the majority of multi-platform launch titles and none of the others do much for me at all.

I'll almost definitely pick one up further down the line, but I've yet to finish Skyward Sword and it's just about the only Wii game I have.

#14 Posted by Ducksworth (662 posts) -

I'm not overly hyped, there are maybe two or three games at launch that interest me and around four or five if we go through the "launch Window". It's a decent number for a console in its infancy but there are still no must haves for me...yet I still have it on pre-order, will play Mairo, have a good time and then hate the console for a year or so until games I actually want come out.

#15 Posted by TheSlothKing (331 posts) -

I would have gotten a WiiU at or around launch but I just put a lot of money into my new PC, so the WiiU will have to wait a bit.

#16 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

Really hopin' that ZombieU is mind-blowing, but not holding my breath. I'm fairly sure I'll get a Wii U at the first price cut or the first hardware tweak, whichever comes first.

#17 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I think in about a year, it'll start falling into the same hole the Wii fell into: being behind in tech and power, and as a result, getting all of the lower end, "made for Wii from the ground up" style titles.

#18 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

I'm incinerating all of my gaming devices

I'm not going to buy the wii u, granted, but still burning them all.

#19 Posted by Nev (561 posts) -

I skipped the Wii, and I expect to skip the Wii-U as well. Nintendo has never really done a ton for me. I like their handhelds, and have owned pretty much all of them from the original Game Boy and on, but it was never really for the actually Nintendo developed games, particularly with the DS.

So yeah, my hype level is pretty much bottom level.

#20 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Dunno new Xbox and PS4 expected soon, this will be outdated pretty quick.

#21 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (428 posts) -

Voted C- because I'm certain I'll get a Wii U at some point for a data transfer to preserve my virtual console titles. But I have no idea when.

#22 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Answer C pretty much sums up how I feel about the Wii U.

#23 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

I wouldn't describe myself as "hyped" but I'm thinking I'll pick one up at launch or soon after.

#24 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

Ehhh. I'm hesitant to doubt Nintendo but this system doesn't have me that excited. I do hope it does well for them though.

#25 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I'll own one by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out. Gonna take something else special to make me shell out for one before that.

But we all know eventually

#26 Posted by Levio (1786 posts) -

I just wish Nintendo would make some new (good) IPs. I'm at the point where I do not want to buy another Zelda, Mario, Mario kart, Donkey Kong, or Metroid (maybe another galaxy or paper mario though). They're all just such used-up series by this point...

#27 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

I say perfect timing for the Thanksgiving holiday. This way the family will have some cool party games instead of sitting around talking about ourselves.

#28 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

You need an option between B and C. I am not pumped and will not be buying one close to release, but I also do not need to wait to see how things shake out. I know I'm going to buy one, but I am going to wait until Bayonetta 2 comes out.

#29 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

I'm curious how Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge turned out. What I'm curious about is the platinum support the system is getting.

#30 Posted by BaconGames (3574 posts) -

It will either be the DS of game consoles or the Dreamcast. I'll wait and see.

#31 Posted by nick_verissimo (1401 posts) -

Excited to go to my friend's and check it out when he gets it, but I have intention to pick one up until a decent Mario or Zelda game comes out.

#32 Posted by Vonocourt (2164 posts) -

I'm buying a Wii U day one, but I wouldn't say I "pumped" exactly. More like interested.

#33 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2699 posts) -

Not excited at all. I think it will be the end of Nintendo as a platform maker.

That said, I have one preordered and will probably pick up ZombiU on Sunday.

#34 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

You need an option between B and C. I am not pumped and will not be buying one close to release, but I also do not need to wait to see how things shake out. I know I'm going to buy one, but I am going to wait until Bayonetta 2 comes out.

Sorry, I didn't want to spend the time to articulate options on every conceivable viewpoint :D My own isn't even superliterally, specifically represented! Haha

#35 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

How does this compare hardware wise to what the new PS4 or Xbox will likely be, like is it the Wii compared to the 360 or is the gap smaller? It doesn't look terrible right now but then again I don't want to buy a console which will be outdated two years from now which I'm afraid could happen.

#36 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4488 posts) -

Wait and see.

#37 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

@addictedtopinescent said:

How does this compare hardware wise to what the new PS4 or Xbox will likely be, like is it the Wii compared to the 360 or is the gap smaller? It doesn't look terrible right now but then again I don't want to buy a console which will be outdated two years from now which I'm afraid could happen.

By all reports, the Wii U has the approximate graphics capability of the Xbox Trip Sixty and the PS Triplez, which is why thinking it's an odd time for Nintendo to release it is a valid viewpoint. Next November, two systems with actual "next-generation" graphics are releasing, which will put the Wii U back into the graphical shoes of its predecessor.

o_o

#38 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

Not at all.

#39 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1539 posts) -

D for me.  It looks like a updated Wii with HD support and a new controller.  I just got the Wii myself and it seems most games use the controller in the standard sense of d-pad and buttons and not point and shoot.  And since it is Nintendo, their first party games do little to make me interested.

#40 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1146 posts) -

I'm indifferent.

#41 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

I'm excited.

I haven't played a Metroid game since Super Metroid. So when they release a new Metroid my plan is to get a WiiU and all of the Metroids! Also Bayonetta 2 kicked me over the edge. Nintendo needs more like that. If they get more Platinum games it could end up being my go-to console.

Anyway I'm skeptical of Sony and Microsoft. I hope they surprise me and pull out cool new hardware. It just seems like they are chasing the Living Room Social Media Entertainment Box dream. Do they even want to be in the business of building gaming consoles anymore? I want the games. The rest just gets in my way of the games. Make a box that's about playing awesome games! If not it's PC for me next gen.

#42 Edited by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

I bought one when I got home from work, to flip it on eBay and make a profit. I am now a morally-gray adult. Shit. That happened more quickly than I expected.

#43 Posted by MisterSamMan (366 posts) -

I am super excited to hear the Wii U eShop music, but that's about it.

#44 Posted by DarthOrange (3893 posts) -

Where is the excited and pumped but not buying one at launch option? :(

#45 Posted by Lazyaza (2212 posts) -

I don't see how the Wii U can be anything but an inevitable disappointment. The rest of the industry is preparing to move forward in under a year meanwhile Nintendo has only just caught up to this gen. I'm sure they'll have a good few months of "oh neat" here and there with the likes of Bayonetta 2 and such but beyond that the machine just seems doomed to me.

#46 Posted by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

@DarthOrange said:

Where is the excited and pumped but not buying one at launch option? :(

Just choose whichever option is slightly closer to your own stance :( I feel bad for not including your specific viewpoint. Also drunk. ok, mostly drunk.

#47 Posted by Devil240Z (3430 posts) -

I just don't have any real interest. Its not special in any way and its hardware is outdated. Wii bowling was fun once. Whats next?

#48 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Really excited. Getting it on launch day.

#49 Edited by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I currently have zero interest. As I say every time someone makes this thread, unless I fall into a ton of money I'm looking to blow I will be waiting for the system to ether drop in price a lot from where it's currently at or it gets at least 5-6 games I really want to play that I can't get anywhere else. Same thing I do with every new platform.

As it stands for me right at this moment the Wii U is just: an under powered, over priced, game-less platform with it's only hook being the silly new controller which holds no interest for me personally. The only interest I have in this is seeing how it plays out over the next few years and what it will do to Nintendo if/when it bombs terribly, no one supports it with games and what that will mean for their design choices for the platform to follow.

Who knows. In time they may do something really awesome with the screen that completely changes how games are played, but I won't be holding my breath.

#50 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -

Zero fucks given.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.