Touch is out, Feel is in for Nintendo in the new console

#1 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

Swedish gamesite got some interesing information from a source close to Nintendo.

http://loading.se/forum.php?thread_id=98354

– Nintendo wants to change the way we play – again. The success of Wii was essentially proof that the controller is every bit as important as graphical technology. When Nintendo unveils its next piece of hardware on June 7 , the presentation will be as much about the feel, as the look, of its new games. The revolutionary aspect will once again be found in the controller itself.

– Haptic technology is a form of tactile feedback used to simulate the experience of touching different objects shown on screen.

continued on the site above  

#2 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Link
Man, this is getting crazy.
I won't believe anything before E3 at this point.
#3 Posted by KarlPilkington (2733 posts) -

Nintendo Feel, great I suppose.

#4 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

So according to the leak, you can use the screen controller to get different feelings when touching different textures and things like that.
So when poking on the in-game fire with my finger, I get burned? Shit got real.   

#5 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

You guys are way off.  Nintendo Fondle, coming next spring.

#6 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Vitality sensor not included

#7 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Okay motion controls I could see having some use, which they did. But how in the hell could this be anything other than just another gimmick?

#8 Posted by BrickRoad (702 posts) -

This controller is getting more expensive by the day.... At this rate you'll be buying a controller that comes with a free console.

#9 Edited by onarum (2109 posts) -

Nice, except for the fact that it would have precisely 0 gameplay value..... but hey nintendo were the inventors of useless wagle in games so I wouldn't be surprised.

#10 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4974 posts) -

Touching makes me feel good.

#11 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Should I feel uncomfortable at the fact that Nintendo wants me to feel them?

#12 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I dunno about you guys,
but I'm really starting looking forward to E3 now.
This is the best time in the year being a gamer, no doubt.

#13 Posted by IBurningStar (2173 posts) -

Obviously the Feel's number one selling title will be Boob Simulator.

#14 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

Why? This seems utterly pointless and I hope its not true, the streaming between two screens like some sort of home DS sounded way more interesting.

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Hopefully we won't be given more silly gimmicks that prevent normal games that people actually buy from coming out on this thing. 

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

On June 7th E3 starts, SSFIV AE DLC is out, and it's my friend's birthday.  That is one crazy day for me.

#17 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

Well that's ... silly. The only thing I want to feel from games are various intangible emotions. 

Apart from stroking a puppy obviously. 
#18 Posted by Hailinel (24969 posts) -
#19 Posted by JudgeDread (572 posts) -

– Remember Vitality Sensor? It will most likely make a comeback at this year’s E3, though not as a peripheral for Wii, but as a key feature of Nintendo Feel.

#20 Posted by CakeBomb (219 posts) -

You know what's every bit as important as graphic technology? New games.

#21 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I hope this isn't real.

#22 Posted by DystopiaX (5315 posts) -

Will believe it when I see it. Until then, this is just another absurd rumor coming out of some random news site.

#23 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Sorry, surprised I didn't see this.

#24 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@Hailinel: 

That shouldn't be allowed :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.