TV Off?

#1 Posted by Hector (3378 posts) -
Since it requires the box to operate can I just take it anywhere in the house and plug it into any socket and just play off the WiiU controller without the need of a TV?
#2 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

Lightsaber On!

as for your question, I think it has to be within a specific distance but yes I think so.

#3 Posted by Rockdalf (1293 posts) -

Assuming you would have a stable connection  (which is impossible for us to tell you if you would or not), why not?

#4 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

yeah

#5 Posted by Danteveli (1204 posts) -

Maybe it will be possible with some games but I dont believe you will be able to do that with every game that will land on WiiU.

#6 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

they didnt show the boot sequence, i could be possible you need to start to the tv and do calibration with the sensor bar but who knows. also that feature probably isnt available in all games since they showed off some tech demos that required both screens.

#7 Posted by Grumbel (910 posts) -
@Hector said:
Since it requires the box to operate can I just take it anywhere in the house and plug it into any socket and just play off the WiiU controller without the need of a TV?
Judging from the tech demos, I don't think all games will support TV-less play, i.e. throwing Ninja stars at the TV won't work when you don't have a TV. So we have to wait and see how Nintendo handles that situation and if they will enforce TV-less play or make it completely optional.
#8 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Whatever technology they use for streaming the video to the controller, you can bet your entire possessions the range won't be very far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.