Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Vigil Games Say More Powerful Wii U Version Could Be the Best

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro
    Vigil Games has stated the Wii U version of Darksiders II could be the best edition of the game. David Adams, the company’s General Manager and Lead Designer, and Colin Bonstead, Darksiders II's Technical Director, both had plenty to say on the issue of the upcoming Wii U version. Speaking in an interview with Game Informer, they said the following: 

General Manager' David Adams:

"I think it’s cool, and the nice thing for us is that it’s compatible with what we’re doing." 

"For me personally, I love Nintendo. I love Zelda. I love Mario, and I’ve never actually made a game that’s gone on a Nintendo platform, so for me that’s just awesome. I think that if you look at the Darksiders franchise, it’s a little more mature, but it has that similar aesthetic to a Nintendo game. I feel like it’s a natural fit from a gameplay and platform perspective.

Vigil Games' Technical Director, Colin Bonstead:

We’re not interested in any gimmicky stuff like with the Wii launch games, where it was basically like, this is exactly like a normal game except every once in a while you jab your controller at the screen to jump or something. I think the new system is better than the Wii controller in that it has a couple features that core games like ours can leverage and make use of.

[ Darksiders II would be the best version of the game ], just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With it’s controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game

It appears Nintendo's console is more powerful, not simply on par, as a plethora of rumours have suggested.

GameInformer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.