Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

What needs to happen at the Nintendo Direct?

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So it is no secret that the Wii U is in serious shit if the NPD figures are anything to go by. So what games do they need to show and do you believe a price drop? With a $400 PS4 announced it seems that they will really have no choice in that regard. It seems likely that we will see Super Smash Bros. and that is pretty popular, but it seems like they will need a good variety of games in order to sell this thing. It may be the case that the console is fucked regardless of what Nintendo tries to do.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

President Iwata needs to come out with Kaz Hirai's head on a pike and wave it above his head while Reggie consumes Shuhei Yoshida's heart to gain his essence.

A price drop, new SKU, and some big main series games coming by next Spring could perhaps work, as well. As long as they establish their own base of titles, the Wii U can survive as the Nintendo box.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Good, awesome games. Something that gets people excited. I don't need third rate ports of Darkstalkers. I need a good Metroid game

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

President Iwata needs to come out with Kaz Hirai's head on a pike and wave it above his head while Reggie consumes Shuhei Yoshida's heart to gain his essence.

A price drop, new SKU, and some big main series games coming by next Spring could perhaps work, as well. As long as they establish their own base of titles, the Wii U can survive as the Nintendo box.

I doubt there will be a new SKU unless it is a game bundle which really is the very least they need to do. I suspect for all consoles we are moving towards a one SKU future.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Release core Nintendo games, people like to buy core Nintendo games. Price drop wouldn't hurt either.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

What sucks is it seems that Nintendo did have a pretty alright line up of games, but just about none of them were slated for 2013... So what is Nintendo going to do again this holiday without the blockbusters to sell the system? If they let the PS4 and Xbone get their footholds (assuming they will???), I think Nintendo is going to have a problem convincing casuals they should buy the WiiU just for a couple games.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think they'll have too much trouble starting next year but this Holiday could still be pretty shitty for them. I'd say they need to be a full $100 cheaper than the PS4, and I'm talking about their deluxe bundle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.