Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Wii U Basic worth it for £167.99?

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can get a Wii U Basic for £167.99 which is pretty cheap since on Amazon.co.uk its about £229.00. As for the games that I saw from E3, I really like the look of Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3. I also have a backlog of Wii games which I haven't properly dug into yet.

Do you guys think the price is worth it?

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, the Wii U has been worth it since it's my first Nintendo console since the NES. I've got the premium version, and its storage space doesn't cut it at all(aside from ZombiU, I'm planning on only buying games on the eShop), so in my mind one will need to get an external hard drive anyway. With that in mind, the Wii U Basic is probably a better value than the Premium version.

I sadly have no experience with playing Wii games on the Wii U, but from what I've heard they do look better given the up-scaling.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By alternate

Scan had it"today only" for £144 last week.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, the Wii U has been worth it since it's my first Nintendo console since the NES. I've got the premium version, and its storage space doesn't cut it at all(aside from ZombiU, I'm planning on only buying games on the eShop), so in my mind one will need to get an external hard drive anyway. With that in mind, the Wii U Basic is probably a better value than the Premium version.

I sadly have no experience with playing Wii games on the Wii U, but from what I've heard they do look better given the up-scaling.

Thanks for the reply, the storage space is not a major issue, since I will be buying physical 99% of the time. As for the backwards compatibility no-upscaling is also not an issue, as long as I can play on my PC monitor.

It's all down to the price, is it worth it for the price?

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot: Currently, do you want to play Nintendo games that seem to have been released in similar forms on previous consoles? Then, sure. Otherwise, it depends on Disney Infinity and the other new IP games coming down the pipe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.