Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii U

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii U, the follow-up to the monstrously popular Nintendo Wii console, launched in North America on November 18th 2012.

Wii U controller revision

darthlefein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Edited By darthlefein

think the latest Wii U revision where they have two analogue sticks near the top, is an improvement. Nintendo should copy dual shock and have the analogue sticks near the bottom.

Didn't Nintendo take any hints from Sega Dreamcast and Xbox's controller S doesn't work. The controller is not that well designed with analogue sticks near the top. They should be smarter than this unless THEY WANT Wii U to fail.

Dual Shock 2/3 is one hell of a controller, the best ever made. Nintendo is being STUPID!

There is 1000s of people on GiantBomb, you think that users would come up with similar ideas.

Your idea that the fisher price Gamecube controller didn't make the gamecube fail, it was just OUTSPENT by PS2. I remember people complianing about the fisher price controller and no DVD-ROM to play movies. The Panasonic Q was only released in Japan. The Dreamcast failed because of the 200 MHz Hiatchi Super4 CPU and 16 MB of RAM and no DVD-ROM. Dreamcast look N64ish so it wasn't the controller ??? I think it was the CPU, GD-ROM and Dreamcast controller made Dreamcast lackluster. The Dreamcast controller looked kind of like Fisher Price. The xbox controller was designed by Peter Moore, who was hired by Microsoft Game division from Sega Dreamcast divsion proving Xbox is pretty much a 'Dreamcast 2'.

EDIT: I cannot reply, there is a 5 post limit.

darthlefein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By darthlefein

think the latest Wii U revision where they have two analogue sticks near the top, is an improvement. Nintendo should copy dual shock and have the analogue sticks near the bottom.

Didn't Nintendo take any hints from Sega Dreamcast and Xbox's controller S doesn't work. The controller is not that well designed with analogue sticks near the top. They should be smarter than this unless THEY WANT Wii U to fail.

Dual Shock 2/3 is one hell of a controller, the best ever made. Nintendo is being STUPID!

There is 1000s of people on GiantBomb, you think that users would come up with similar ideas.

Your idea that the fisher price Gamecube controller didn't make the gamecube fail, it was just OUTSPENT by PS2. I remember people complianing about the fisher price controller and no DVD-ROM to play movies. The Panasonic Q was only released in Japan. The Dreamcast failed because of the 200 MHz Hiatchi Super4 CPU and 16 MB of RAM and no DVD-ROM. Dreamcast look N64ish so it wasn't the controller ??? I think it was the CPU, GD-ROM and Dreamcast controller made Dreamcast lackluster. The Dreamcast controller looked kind of like Fisher Price. The xbox controller was designed by Peter Moore, who was hired by Microsoft Game division from Sega Dreamcast divsion proving Xbox is pretty much a 'Dreamcast 2'.

EDIT: I cannot reply, there is a 5 post limit.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington
    No Caption Provided
    Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

I really don't like the dual shock controller specifically because of the stick location.

Nintendo makes good controllers, don't knock it until you try it.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contrarian

Ignoring the spam/troll nature of the OP, I figure they need the sticks near the top do the nature of how the controller will be held. I don't know how we can judge something we haven't used yet.

Also, the PS2/3 controllers are the worst controllers I have used over the years. Sony stubbornly stick with a design that just isn't comfortable.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By egg

I seethe with anger when people complain about the stick locations on WiiU. Xbox 360 has the lefthand stick on top yet PS3 has the lefthand stick on bottom. Thus stick location CLEARLY DOESNT MATTER.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By redcream

Analog stick positioning is pretty much preferential.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.